Lowes family

J

Jackie Brown

Does anyone have any knowledge of Officer Lowe's descendants or family? I met a chap who said he was his great grandson last year, but he could be making it up? He said he was over from Australia.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo, Jackie -

You might well have met his great grandson. Lowe's grandson and great grandson both visited the UK from Australia at different periods last year. Email me if you'd like to check the name - but if he was a charming young chap, odds are you've got the right Lowe.

Inger

J

Jackie Brown

Dear Inger - thank you, I have sent you an Email separately. The fellow I met was called Leslie and I met him in Canterbury. Thanks, Jackie

J

John Hearn

Jackie,
I know that some of Lowe's relatives lived in Barmouth in North Wales.

His grand daughter Peggy Lowe married a man called Ray Tyson. Peggy unfortunately died a few years back. Ray I believe is still alive and living in Barmouth.
They had 2 children - Michael, whom I went to school with and a younger daughter whose name escapes me.

I believe Michael (who is 45-46 years old) now lives in South Africa where he works for the Agriculture and Fisheries department.

I know they were definitely related to officer Lowe because Peggy often used to tell me proudly that her Grandfather was an officer on the Titanic and was one of the few survivors.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo John -

Ada Florence "Peggy" Lowe was a niece to Harold Lowe - she was the daughter of his younger brother Arthur. I believe her daughter's name was Cynthia Rae? There are quite a few direct descendents of Harold Godfrey Lowe alive today.

Are you a Barmouth local? Absolutely beautiful part of the world. I'd be delighted to hear more about your experiences there - I'm currently working on a biography of Harold Godfrey Lowe, and am interested in all local material.

All the best,

Inger