Lucile Polk Carter later Brooke

Jeffrey

Jun 18, 2009
Does anyone know if Mrs Carter, her maiden name being Polk, is related to the President James K. Polk? I was wondering if Lucile was a relative or something of that nature. If anybody knows this, let me know and hear from you. Thanks to those who respond and do not!

PS (Does anybody know the death date, the exact, of Lucile Polk, later Mrs George Brooke?)

Apr 16, 2001
Hi Jeffrey,

Lucile Polk Carter was a descendant of President James K. Polk, but a very distant one. As Mrs. George Brooke (following her 1914 marriage), she resided in Ithan, Pennsylvania until her death on October 26, 1934 at the age of 59. She was buried at the St. Michael's Churchyard Cemetery in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania.
I hope this information will be of some help.

Michael Findlay

J

Jacob Mentier

President James K. Polk had no children so there can't be any direct descendants. Maybe she is from one of his brothers.

Jeffrey

Jun 18, 2009
Thank you, Michael and Jacob, for the help. That was what I had been wondering, as (I know it probably is very hard to believe when I claim so much relation to several famous people, but knowing that my father's father is a Mormon, he is known to research much of not only his ex-wife's side (my grandmother, whose father, John Polk Sooter, is a descendant of President Polk) but also of every other side of each branch of family he can get to). Thank you for the help, and the date. Also, I forgot to ask the date in which Lucile was born on, if you could help out there (obviously with your excellent knowledge, Mr Findlay). Take care, gentlemen, and again, I thank you both!

Apr 16, 2001
Hi Jeffrey,

Mrs. Carter was born on October 8, 1875. Other sources claim that she was born on October 8, 1876. She stated on the immigration list that she was 36-years-old at the time of the sinking so she would have been born in 1875.

Hope this helps..

Michael Findlay