Lucy Burkhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy Burkhill

Mar 31, 2006
Hi all,
Let me introduce myself. My name is Lucy Burkhill and I live in the North of England, not far from a place called Scunthorpe where they make steel.
I came across ET by chance when I was searching for articles about the 1st Mauretania (my favourite liner), found it was a great site and saved it to my favourites. (The rest, as they say, is history!) I have, over the couple of months or so since I have been viewing the site, become an addict, I need my daily fix of ET, so thought I had better pluck up courage and join!

I guess I could say that I owe my interest in ocean liners to my great-grandfather, who helped build the boilers for the famous Cunarders Lusitania, Aquitania and Queen Mary. Also, my grandfather had a model railway room full of liner paintings and liner models he had made. Sadly, the last direct link with this side of my family has now gone, in June last year I lost my father, also a liner fan, and so now I have no-one in the family who shares my interest. It's great to find somewhere to discuss and find information about liners, particularly those of the Titanic era.

All the best,
Lucy

Nov 9, 2002
Hi Lucy,

Cool history you have there. I'm also interested in Lusitania a bit, but my interest in Titanic cannot be compared to Lusy.
Nice to have you here,

Laura

D

Denny Magdule

Lucy, welcome and it's very nice to hear from you. You have a very beautiful country and four years ago my wife and I had the pleasure to spend a week in London. Our daughter was attending a semester of college there. Again welcome and greetings from Pennsylvania, USA
Denny

Lucy Burkhill

Mar 31, 2006
Thank you Melinda, Jason and Denny for welcoming me to the board. It was very kind of you.

I have certainly learned a lot about Titanic since discovering this great site a couple of months ago. I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of knowledge people have about Titanic- the articles are so diverse, there is something for everyone here. As interested as I am in what has to be the world's most famous (or should that be infamous) ship, it is the 1st Mauretania that has always fascinated me ever since I can remember, but there seems to be much less about her than Titanic, so I am hoping to learn more about her from the board.

Best wishes to everyone,
Lucy

Feb 9, 2006
Hi Lucy,

I just wanted to welcome you, as a fellow Lucy! The board is fantastic, books are great, but being able to ask people directly and chat with them when they know more than you do is fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.