Maiden eastbound voyage advertisement

adrian waring

Oct 31, 2005
A few years ago I bought this at an auction here in the U.K. I live in the U.S.A. and I am currently back in the U.K. visiting family.My parents have had this framed since I bought it we are wondering if its original as others have looked at it and come to the conclusion that it is.Measures approx 16x11 inches and is printed in black and white,its on old paper and the printing appears to be raised and not just a copy.Whats interesting is that it was origionally in an old nasty frame that I removed it from after I got it however I kept the back board as this was a gift given to someone who either worked or had some connection with the Cunard building as it states "with compliments of Thom and Jno Brocklebank Ltd Cunard Building Liverpool and framed by J Davey and Sons who where framers in Liverpool and Manchester from the 1840's to the 1960's.Let me know what you all think ?. I am having a problem uploading pictures email me at adrianpwaring@hotmail.com. I have more images and larger ones I can send if you email me

239844.jpg

[Moderator's notes: 1. This post, originally posted in an unrelated topic has been moved to here, which is discussing the same subject. 2. The title of this thread has been renamed, to better reflect what is being discussed. JDT]

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
We really can't tell from here whether it's a genuine poster or simply a copy. If it's the Real McCoy, it's quite a find. You might do well to see if you can find an expert to have it appraised. In the meantime, keep it in a safe place. Preferably someplace cool, dry, and out of the light!

adrian waring

Oct 31, 2005
Michael thanks i can post more pics as i had planned on adding more but they where too large i would like to sell it as i need the funds but need to verify if its original my great great great grandfather went down on the titanic. I also have every newspaper from the times of england covering the titanic disaster and the court enquiries none are illustrated and i need to sell those also would appreciate any other imput on this broadside