Manners above all

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
I hope nobody will think this is a sermon but I felt I had to post this - you'll soon see why.

Too often, here and other places, we let our emotions get the best of us. And sometimes, as in my case, you may say something without thinking the consequences through.

We are all here to meet and learn and discuss. And it is through mutual respect for each others views and researches that this is possible. Lets face it, nobody does it alone - we need each other, whether we may agree with them or not.

And I would like to set one record straight here and now on one instance. I have offended Shelly and I apologize deeply for this - I had no idea until just now. I just hope she accepts my apology. But this is just one example of saying something you don't think through (I'd like to think we ALL do it, since I just did).

Just a note and a big 'Thank You' to Phil H. for giving us this forum.

Best regards all around,
Pat Cook

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Cook:
Thank you for the affirmation that I am not the only one in the world hobbling around on one foot because the other one is in my mouth.
I agree with your sentiments. Thank you for expressing them for and to all of us.
-kate bortner

Aug 29, 2000
Cookie Darling- what ARE you blathering on about now? I must have missed something- I have been in Fall River at Hatchet House Central for 2 days (in a shocking thunderstorm- ALONE at night) and churchladying Sunday. Grandma says - neither easily offended nor offensive be-and the world will beat a path to your door!/ s.

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Dear Shelly,

Greatly relieved to hear this. But wait a minute - if it wasn't you, then who mailed me a snake and had it delivered to my front do- WHITFIELD!!!!

To Kate, thank you for the kind words.

Best regards,
Cook

Dec 13, 1999
Oh, I've done it again....gone shopping without my spectacles! I THOUGHT the sign said INTERFLORA and that you'd get a nice surprise, it was only when I reached home and put my specs on that I realised the receipt said INTERVIPER. Hope it didn't come as too great a shock. 'Fraid you'll be hard pressed finding anybody to suck the venom out though!!!

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Cook,

I totally agree with you. Well said!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif