Mantua 1/200 Scale Titanic

Olblindman

Nov 5, 2015
Asheviile NC
Hello
I recently started the Mantua kit, and I was wondering if any other folks out there have done this fine model.
There are, of course, inaccuracies,(the deck planking for starters) but all in all, it appears to be a well made model.
While the instructions are filled with photos, there are things unexplained, and some guidance from previous builders would be helpful. I have built a few plank-on-frame kits before, so I am not totally lost. I just have questions.....

Thanks.

Olblindman

Nov 5, 2015
Asheviile NC
I am more or less happy with the way this model is coming out. There are errors in basic design (stern is way too fat) and the instructions leave a good deal to be desired. There are lots of photos, and here and there, a few words in English. One has to rely heavily on photos of Titanic, as well as photos of models,websites, forums, books, diagrams, and Mr Marschall's wonderful artwork. I am also using a Minicraft model to use somewhat as a visual aid.
I am no rivet counter, and I know my completed job will be full of inaccuracies, but it will be a decent representation. It is for my enjoyment,and I am enjoying not only the model, but this website as well. I check the 'on this day' section nearly everyday, and find interesting articles and forums subjects constantly. I have had a fascination with Titanic for more than 50 years, since I saw "A Night To Remember" on TV back in the early 60's.

Thanks for being here......