March 2002 KKK Members Responsible for Collision

kevin johnson

Apr 2, 2005
the world weekly news which is a tabloid magazine
had a story in which the Titanic sunk because
there KKK mebers aboard and they the picture on the
cover of KKK members in life rings yeah right pardon my sarcastic sense of humor which I get from my Moms side of the family english

A

Alex Mann

Sorry Kevin, I understood hardly a word of this particularly the bit about a 'sarcastic sense of humour'. I don't buy the World Weekly News, but I take it that it doesn't rate very highly in humour factor (or does it?)

Apr 22, 2012
Hello Kevin and Alex,

The tabloid is actually called the Weekly World News, and I think I have one buried in my basement somewhere. While I didn't catch this issue, they have (very disrespectfully) poked fun at the Titanic story many times in the past.

The first "headline" I can remember said that a baby had been found floating in the North Atlantic in a Titanic life ring, and it was alive and crying for its parents! This was 81 years after the ship sank (making it 1993), so that goes to show just how ridiculous they are.

Another Titanic-related lie claimed that Captain Smith was actually a transvestite! They also claimed a skeleton had been found in a Titanic life ring, as well as the remains of two gay sailors.

This is the same tabloid that claimed the Loch Ness Monster had been captured, its baby killed, etc.

www.weeklyworldnews.com

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I finally saw this rag on the rack by the checkstand when I did the grocery shopping today. Even the silly costumes were intact even though the rest were bones. The hell of it is, there are people out there who actually believe this trash!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

A

Alex Mann

I think I do recall this newspaper actually, if that's what it can be described as. A dolphin with human arms, apparently being studied in a Japanese marine research facility was the leading story. But inside I'm sure I remember the offer to buy back issues, one of which claimed that Capt Smith had been found in a rowing boat and ALIVE! Considering that they were talking about an event which supposedly happened in the last week old EJ certainly had a lot of fight left in him. God knows why I remembered such a lot of rubbish, but it has obviously infiltrated the green shores of England. What is the world coming too?!? I can't believe we're even giving the editors the satisfaction of discussing it here!

Heartily agree with you, Michael. Absolute trash!

Apr 11, 2001
This is the same fine journal which brought us The Titanic Mummy,(curse of), Winnie Coutts Found (dress bone dry), Captain Smith, Alive and Well, and now has Fleet rushing down to put out the burning KKK cross, this causing him to miss the "gigantic berg". Sorry -I HAD to buy it tonight- just to fill in my collection of Titanic Trash. We could ALL come up with FAR juicier stuff, given the knowledge and imagination of all aboard here!

Apr 22, 2012
Hello,

Michael and Alex,

I agree with both of you. It's utter garbage. When I was younger, I found these tabloids entertaining and fun to read. I still do, when the contents have nothing to do with an historic event (I laughed at the article about the dolphin with arms).

Shelly,

I bought the issue about the fictional passenger found in a life ring, which came out in August 2000.

I wonder if Robert Gardiner writes stories for Weekly World News!?

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
WWW would have to go up in quality to rate even somebody like Gardiner! The only upside to their preoccupation with Titanic is that at least Elvis, Princess Di and their loving space aliens are getting a break!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Apr 22, 2012
Ashley,

Not a word found in Weekly World News is true. I call it the "lie paper." If you ever read one, you can tell from the very beginning that all the stories are fabricated. You know if any of these things were true, they would be all over the news. I'm sure the Loch Ness Monster being captured or a skeleton being found in a Titanic life ring (which could never happen) would not go unreported by Headline News, CNN, etc.

Michael,

I don't know; Gardiner has written some pretty ridiculous things himself. I agree though, the Titanic does offer an occassional break from their "standard" material, such as Bat Boy or the end of time (which they have "predicted" about two dozen times now).

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
Awhile ago I recall reading that Captain Smith was still alive and well but once they took him out of this time continum he died. I read (while waiting to be checked out) the article in question here. I can see where they twisted what was said.

They confused haze with smoke but that is the only thing I can remotely tie to what really happened that night. I can't help but wonder who buys this paper and takes it seriously. I used to read it just for a laugh.

Erik

Mar 3, 2001
Yes, Winnie, A baby, and Cap Smith wee all found floating in icerings or on iceburgs...they all rapidly aged and died of course. I was laughing so hard at the latest KKK article I just had to buy it. Did you know it was the 12th body(ies) found this year!! In various states of decomposition since they have been stuck in an iceflow for the past 90 years that is just now thawing. I must say i wish my job was to just sit around and make up stuff and get paid for it.

James Smith

Dec 5, 2001
Erik, I think that's how these papers make their money. 'Fess up, everyone--how many of us shelled out money for one of these ridiculous papers? At the risk of being laughed off this list, I confess that I've got the ones on EJ's and Winnie's rescues sitting at home with my Titanic collection.

Jim Smith

James Smith

Dec 5, 2001
Clarification--I meant, the papers make their money off people who read it just for laughs, as opposed to people who actually believe the stuff.

I'm not writing very well this morning--just got up, and I'm not all here, and my brain went on strike after writing three major papers last week . . .

Jim Smith

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Happens to all of us, James. Some don't do as well with mornings as you do. Ever see a picture of Godzilla trashing Tokyo (Again!?!?!?!?)

That's actually me in the morning befor I have my first cup of coffee.

What were those papers about if you don't mind my asking?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

James Smith

Dec 5, 2001
Hi Michael--

The first paper mentioned that some fishermen had found a female answering to the name of Winnie Coutts on an iceberg in the North Atlantic, believing that the date was still 15 April 1912 (the story was pretty badly researched, considering that Coutts' escape from the Titanic in a lifeboat and her subsequent rescue by the Carpathia are well documented). As I recall, she aged rapidly after her supposed rescue and died. A couple of years later virtually the same story went out, substituting the name "E.J. Smith" for "Winnie Coutts."

The papers are with my Titanic collection in northern California, and since I am in Utah I cannot reach them at the moment to give you details. But if you're fealling REALLY bored, contact me around April 26th or 27th and I'll e-mail to you (privately) the complete text of the articles--I'll be home from school for about four days around then before I leave for my summer job in southern California.

Jim Smith

Jul 10, 2001
This newspaper once have stated in another issue (May 1998) that 300 escimos had lived on the iceberg that was rammed by the Titanic. And the world did never take notice of these 300 drowned.

In the past this newspaper had some other stories:
- Jesus was born in Japan,
- in 1998 the authentic Titanic iceberg was found in the mid-Atlantic with crew members still living on it,
- Adolf Hitler was a blood sucking woman,
- The first head of a man was transplanted successfully,
- The still existing Titanic iceberg has sunk another ship in 1999,
- the Garden Eden has been detected in Syria containing the skeletons of Adam and Eve,
- a 1924 born baby is still a baby after 76 years
(and many more).

By the way: the name of the most popular satirical magazine in Germany is "TITANIC".

They do some kind of hardcore humor: the night before the FIFA declared where the World Cup will be played in 2006, this magazine sent very special faxes to every FIFA member. You can read this "Titanic"-fax here:

http://www.derlichtblick.de/67/sonnebor.htm

scroll down to the picture of the fax (its written on English). And guess what: just one of the FIFA members took this letter serious and the difference of one voice has brought the World Cup to Germany...

Henning

Mary Hamric

Apr 10, 2001
Don't forget Hillary Clinton's alien boyfriend! This paper is just for laughs and that is how the writers and publishers intend for it to be read. But as we all know there are people in this world who do believe these outlandish stories. Nothing can be done about that.

I collect these from time to time. They are crazier than a Looney Tunes cartoon.

Dec 2, 2000
"outlandish stories"? Good grief...all my years of research down the tubes!

hehehehehehehehehehehe

Maureen.

A

Alex Mann

Good god, Henning!

You sound like a bit of a hardcore fan of above-mentioned rag!
happy.gif

If I was them though, I'd try and go with a funnier and less tragic 'not-true' story angle than scaping the Titanic every single month (or week!) like, for example, 'Man caught copulating with bulldog - his own - on side of M60 motorway'. Oh my god, sorry, that's a true story! Can't use it....but you know where I'm coming from.
I can't believe that everyone's still commenting on this thread! Heh-heh....Good on yer guys!

PS: It really is true...no really - happened a couple of months ago, but the guy got out of it in court by claiming that the dog didn't belong to him!