Oliver K

Jul 8, 2018
Hello, i have just attempted to access www.marconigraph.com (this was a great website lots of information, it really did help kickstart my interest for titanic) to find some information that i forgot to help someone on a different forum and found out the website is offline, it seems like all the Titanic sites are going offline recently, anyone got information on this?

Luckily i found an archive of it on archive.org (Marconigraph.com) and i will be making an archive of this site asap.

That is all

Reactions: 1 user
B

Bob_Read

I talked to Parks Stephenson who owns the site. A couple of months ago the site was hacked and had to be taken down. It sounds doubtful that it will return as an internet website. Parks said there is a possibility that the material will be published as a book.

Oliver K

Jul 8, 2018
I talked to Parks Stephenson who owns the site. A couple of months ago the site was hacked and had to be taken down. It sounds doubtful that it will return as an internet website. Parks said there is a possibility that the material will be published as a book.

Thank you, that's a bit sad to hear that some keyboard warrior had nothing else to do so he/she decided to hack a Titanic site, these old sites are nothing but HTML documents with minimal security so i guess that did not help.

It would be great for the information to be published in a book that's in the same style of the site, i also have my own plans for the site (such as making a personal archive of it and possibly making it into a Powerpoint presentation, that being said, i will have to see if i can get in contact with Parks Stephenson to see if he's ok with me making and possibly distrubuting a powerpoint presentation of the site)

Either way, thanks for the reply!

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
My attitude is simple. I never put anything on the web with the hope that it is protected by copyright or otherwise. Once something is out there, anyone can get access to it, and then you'll never really know what will happen to that work after that, even if your site says the contents are copyright protected. That's not to say that others should take what they want and then try to profit from it. But if something is that important to you, best thing you can do is not make it public in the first place.

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 14, 2005
Well that sucks as that was a really good site with lots of good links. At least it got archived, (I just checked it out) will have to bookmark some of those links. I hope archive.com and the wayback machine have good security. Would hate to see some dweeb crash those sites.

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hello, i have just attempted to access www.marconigraph.com (this was a great website lots of information, it really did help kickstart my interest for titanic) to find some information that i forgot to help someone on a different forum and found out the website is offline, it seems like all the Titanic sites are going offline recently, anyone got information on this?

Luckily i found an archive of it on archive.org (Marconigraph.com) and i will be making an archive of this site asap.

That is all
How goes it? I really want to read the 2001 report