Marguerite Burns

A

Alicia Windsor

H

holly lynn

it would be wonderful. u know what.... i bet people think she's crazy but i dont. after a schock like that she could have had a case on amensia.

holly

H

holly lynn

i think i found her. maybe they thought she was dead. here it is. Mary Delia Burns maybe her first name was mary. look into it.

N

nevo

Alicia, I was just about to post that same information and found that you'd beat me to it. I sure wish we could find a relative for her before it's too late, and most likely it already is.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
This article is on the same level as the work of Jayson Blair and deserves the same exposure. It's obviously written without the most basic research. I didn't know SARS affects the brain.

A

Alicia Windsor

Ha ha Dave. I did have my doubts, but I guess I wanted to believe that there is a real life old Rose out there. I looked through the passenger lists and didn't find anything. Guess she was just another person wanting to be part of the Titanic saga.

A

Alicia Windsor

Holly, thanks for finding out about Mary Delia Burns. However, that name wouldn't work because Burns is the woman's adoptive name, not her birth name.

G

Gavin Murphy

I also saw this article in the Star when in TO for Victoria Day weekend. A bit over the top, but the good news is Toronto is SARS-free! So all is not lost, etc.!

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Alicia and Holly, I hope you won't be offended by some of us having a little good-natured fun here. All reports are worthy of at least some consideration and you did the right thing by checking the records and bringing this case to the attention of those with more experience. The journalist from the 'Toronto Star' should have done the same.

G

Gavin Murphy

Geoff, I think one cow only in Alta. But the prime minister is eating Alberta beef (pic in today's paper) so who knows what could happen!

G

PS Don't believe the hype.

A

Alicia Windsor

Bob, no hard feelings. It takes wake up calls like this to remind me that I'm a long way from becoming the Titanic guru I want to be. Oh well. At least I can still wow my friends at school with my comparatively obsessive knowledge.
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Alicia, if you're still at school you've got plenty of time to become a guru, so keep working at it. Wish I'd started that young - when I was at school there were hundreds of Titanic survivors still alive. I've since discovered that I lived almost next door to two of them and didn't know it!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
But Alicia, there were many, many other women who were even more interesting than "Old Rose." There was Ruth Becker, Marjorie Newell, Edith Russell, Millvina Dean (still with us, bless her heart!), Eva Hart, and so many more. I hope you'll get to "know" them through your visits here.

Kyrila

C

Caroline(call me)Rose

Wow Alicia thats a very interesting Artical. Though it would be a terrific thing if there was someone still living from the titanic. I know it probably wouldnt be a good thing for that person and the family, But for me just to know that there is still one living person Left from the titanic. Is completley Unbelieveable and i give it my Up most Highest respect.
happy.gif

-Caroline/Rose

Mar 15, 2001
I really enjoyed reading this. I have an account myself from a 1936 newspaper with a man claiming to be Lightoller. Someone here at ET said that Walter Lord mentioned this account in one of his books. Its amazing to me that people would actually lie about being on the Titanic. As for Ms. Burns, she just really didn't know.