Maria Marsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Marsh

Jul 23, 2004
My interest in the Titanic started 20 years ago, when completely by chance I went to a Titanic exhibition in Liverpool. After a long chat with my Dad I was told I had an Auntie on board the Titanic. She survived only to die 5 years later (during the 1917/18 world wide flu epidemic) in New York. Most of my information has come from members of ET for which I am forever grateful. Cheer's.

A

Alex McLean

Hello there Maria,
I'm sorry if this was mentioned beforehand in another post, but what was your Auntie's name?
It's always good to meet another person with a personal connection to the ship. I look forward to seeing you on the board!
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Maria Marsh

Jul 23, 2004
Hi Alex, I wrote my Auntie when I first became a member of ET a couple of month's ago. Her name was Nellie O'Dwyer (Ellen) Her story is wonderful and I just wanted to know she would be remembered by as many people as possible. I for one am very proud to be her niece, and I know she would be proud to know her story is written for the world to read.
Thanx for your interest. What is your connection?
If you don't mind me asking?

A

Alex McLean

Maria,
My connection is a very distant one down in the stoke holds. At first the story came across as a great great uncle but now it seems more distant. I can sadly offer no name though, just a strong belief from many members of my mother's family who say he was there.
Not that solid in terms of evidence, but it's a start.
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Maria Marsh

Jul 23, 2004
What was your mother's maiden name? if he was on your Mother's side of the family the connection may start there

A

Alex McLean

It was a relation by marriage to a couple that had no children (as far as I know). I could offer you no more information.

Maria Marsh

Jul 23, 2004
No matter. Don't give up trying to find him. It took me 20 years to get the information I was looking for. Now all I have to do is find where she was buried then I can take her some flower's from her her Great-Great Niece.

A

Alex McLean

I'm not going to be doing much searching until next June when I get over to see some relatives who may offer some leads, but so far nothing has come up. I'm focussing more on French right now, and taking care of the new exchange students.

Status
Not open for further replies.