Marinarkthe end of the lifeboat

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, Colorado, United States
Very interesting, but I can see where this might have lots of problems. For example, the thing might fail to inflate, then what are you left with? It's a long way down that slide thing, many passengers on cruise ships are overweight and elderly. It looks quite possible to get stuck in there, or not be as agile to slide down properly and then get out of the way in time for the next worried passenger. Rough seas could rip the thing away from the ship before it was filled. These are just my immediate observations. I've never seen this before so I don't know.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Marin-Ark has been around for some years. There are videos of it on the maker's site.

It and other alternatives to lifeboats are really only suitable for highly trained crews, as are the free-falling lifeboats seen on many freighters.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>It and other alternatives to lifeboats are really only suitable for highly trained crews,<<

I'd have to agree with that. I just can't see this going too well if frightened passengers are thrown into the mix, and the prospect of handicapped people doing that slide for life into this thing doesn't even bear discussion.