Marita Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marita Bird

Apr 14, 2007
Hi everyone
happy.gif

My real name is Marita but Gidge is a nickname (one of them anyway). I've been a member here for a little over 12 months but I have to admit this is probably only the second or third time I've actually been on here and had a look around, so I apologise for not introducing myself sooner!
happy.gif

I have had a strong interest in the Titanic ever since I was a young girl. I can't remember how I first learnt about it, I just know that I feel a strong connection.
I know this will probably sound strange, but I have heard it said that when a person feels a strong connection with a particular event or period in history that it means you were there in a previous lifetime. And that is exactly what I have always believed - that I was reincarnated from someone who was on board the Titanic! Whether or not it's true or something I made up in my head and it's just stuck ever since, and whether it was someone who died in the tragedy or survived and died later on, I don't know. But whenever I see or hear anything to do with the Titanic, the strangest feeling overcomes me. It's hard to explain, it's sort of a feeling of profound sadness mixed with fear and anxiety. I'm not making this up, I swear!
Does anyone else relate to this at all?
Anyway, I thought sine it's the 95th anniversary this weekend, I'd come on and say hello to everyone. I look forward to talking to you all and getting to know you.
happy.gif

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Does anyone else relate to this at all?<<

Not really. Reincarnation is not something which I hold any opinion on either for or against in it's own right.

And while I don't want to sound harsh, you might want to be very careful about how you discuss re-incarnation on this forum. Some of those discussions have been, to put it mildly, quite nasty. I don't have a problem with beliefs sincerely held, but by the same token, I don't want to see you get burned.

Welcome aboard!

Apr 2, 2007
Hello.
happy.gif

I'm a firm believer in reincarnation, but am highly sceptical of people who claim to have been at famous events/disasters or famous people. One has only to count the number of supposed Cleopatra's to realise some people just want to feel important.

Not to say your feelings aren't true...as you have no claim to "be" a particular person, but just have strong feelings of connection to the event, its a possibility. Maybe looking into some kind of past life hypnosis regression would answer some of your questions?

You could of course have been a relative of someone involved, rather than an actual victim?

Still, as Mike said, be careful how firmly you state your belief...there have been a few, erm...odd people, strongly claiming they knew details of what happened as they "were there". The response wasn't overly pleasant.

J

João Carlos Pereira Martins

Hello Marita! I'm glad to see you joined the group.

Welcome and hope to see you around the posts.

Best wishes,
JC

Status
Not open for further replies.