Mark Hopkins

Mark Hopkins

Jan 5, 2012
Hello, all. I hope everyone is well.

I originally registered at ET back in 2004, but life caught up to me and I have been otherwise engaged in many other issues (as you know quite well, life can be that way). This includes computer difficulties (ah, how lovely). As a result, my old email is inactive and I forgot my old ET password, so I registered again (I thought my account would have been deleted anyway due to a long period of inactivity and possible site renovation). ET has been a part of me for some time, and so I am always drawn back to the community.

For those who do not know me, I am a writer, researcher, copyeditor, educator and translator (Spanish and some French). Titanic is but one of many subjects on which I conduct ongoing research (if you go into the archives, you will find many of my contributions). I have been a lifelong enthusiast (over forty years) and enjoy everything Titanic. If you want to know more, please feel free to ask.

By the looks of things, discussions are going strong. I am neither surprised nor overwhelmed, although I will require some time to catch up on things. I look forward to engaging with others again.

So, how is everybody? Are you ready for the centennial coming up this April?

Take care and be well.

Mark

For more on me, please take a look:
Professional Profile
Research Blog
Writing and Teaching Blog
Facebook Account

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I originally registered at ET back in 2004, but life caught up to me and I have been otherwise engaged in many other issues (as you know quite well, life can be that way). <<

Been there done that in some very big and not always happy ways. Like you said, life can be like that. Welcome back.

Mark Hopkins

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks, Mike. I look forward to engaging again, when I have the time to do so, that is. ;-)

So, what has been going on with you?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>So, what has been going on with you?<<

Same old thing. A few highs, some lows. Nothing I'm really going to discuss on a public access forum because they're extremely personal in nature. Suffice to say, life happens curveballs and all.