Mark Jochim

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark J. Jochim

Hi, everybody.

I'm 38 years old and currently live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I first became aware of the Titanic when my mother gave me a copy of Clive Cussler's Raise The Titanic! for my 11th birthday. I became fascinated with the ship and soon discovered the "real" Titanic through the movie "A Night To Remember" and then the Walter Lord books. That boyhood interest has never waned and has only grown richer. It's extended to many other classic liners as well.

Last summer, I was in London on a vacation and made a special point of taking the train to Southampton on a Monday (a bank holiday, it turns out, so the Maritime Museum was closed) - to take photos of the QE2. We spent a wonderful morning strolling through the town, taking photos of the various Titanic-related sites.

I'm looking forward to learning even more on this site, and - hopefully - participating in some of the discussions.

Jul 11, 2001
Hi Mark! Welcome aboard! I am the same age and can totally relate to your situation. I was about the same age when the Titanic bug bit me. I had to write a report about Ice Bergs in the seventh grade, so that is how I stumbled on the book "A night to remember". This is a great site to surf around. The message board is filled with guys and girls who are just as thirsty for knowledge about our favorite topic. So Full ahead and chat away!
happy.gif

David

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Mark,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for all things Titanic.

I was also the same age when I became interested. I was given a book on her and her sisters, so that's what started it for me.

Hope you enjoy it here!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.