Marschall Lynch bGhostsb book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Dave wrote:
His comments seem equally valid with regard to documentary films and TV shows.

Don't I know....don't I know....

...And when it comes to books, if you want it done exactly the way YOU envision it, you have to publi$h it your$elf.

Dan

Rob Ottmers

Jul 21, 1997
J. Tagliere got me to thinking - as I'd also ordered the Earthship DVD - so I wrote them (earthship.tv) asking for an update. For information sake, their reply was that they'd hoped to have the product out as stated, but were unable to meet that deadline. When they concluded it wouldn't be ready they cancelled all orders, but have kept email addresses for future alert when they finally do get it ready.

Like most everybody else, I'd like to see more extensive video/stills of the ship, especially some of the newly explored areas.

Regards,
Rob

Oct 28, 2000
Publishers often put a product into their catalog just to see how many orders it generates. The actual product (book, video tape, DVD, etc.) may not exist except for a modk-up of the cover. Depending upon production costs, the publisher sets a certain minimun number of orders. If that number does not materialize, the project is scrapped.

Although not among members of this forum, public interest in Titanic is waning. There is no big box office movie out there driving the demand for books, movies, or DVDs. Perhaps earthship discovered a harsh economic reality.

--David G. Brown

Jan 7, 2002
My goodness, imagine if the publsisher opted to included only forepeak photos? What a nightmare...

Im most eager to see

A- Glimpses of the intact leaded glass windows in the 1st class Reception room

B- The surviving traces of carved woodwork on the overhead, and on the walls in in some of the grand starcase landings

C- and and of the intact brass bedframes, and remanants of Ismay's cabin....

Any 'then and now' glimpses would be most welcome..

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Eric Sauder

Nov 12, 2000
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that it will be a bad book. It will contain a lot of new material, but despite all of the amazing things that Ken has found in the Cameron footage (and some of them are mind blowing), my guess is that perhaps 5% of his discoveries will be used despite his best efforts to have them included.

Eric Sauder

Jan 7, 2002
I hope at the very least, the text will be as descriptive as Ken's writeup....

Eric, do you know if anything 'new' been spotted in the footage that was not included in ken's original writeup?

Tarn Stephanos

Oct 13, 2000
at the beginning of this thread Parks posted a notice about a children's version of this book. Amazon.com has recently announced some details about it:

Titanic: Ghosts of the Abyss by Mireille Majoor. a companion volume to Don Lynch's book about the James Cameron expedition to film the Titanic wreck. the book by Majoor tells the story of the expedition, but is aimed at the young reader's market, ages 9-12. It will be a hardcover book with 48 pages, isbn# 0786826916. Not too many other details are available yet. the tentative release date is a month or two after Lynch's book comes out.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Mar 3, 1998
The children's book has been finished for some time now. The images for the adult book are still in work and there's not enough time to put in everything that we wanted. For collectors, you might want to buy both books; otherwise, the adult version is the one with the new and historically-significant information.

Parks

Dec 7, 2000
Wow! Looks like this book has been available for AGES! Long before some of us were even born!

I just went to the link in the very 1st post, and this is what amazon says:

quote:

Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 1969. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Daniel,

LOL!! I wonder if they're still taking orders?

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, all!

As an aside, I thought you might like to know that Don's book went to the printer last Monday.

All my best,

George

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Michael and Jason!

I'm looking forward to Don's book, too. A number of our ET friends have contributed material to the Cameron project, and -- as always -- it's a foregone conclusion that Don's involvement will guarantee a top-flight end result.

All my best,

George

Mar 3, 1998
After a week of working through the wee hours of the morning, Ken and I finished our images and sent them off to Toronto. Ken's still working on the credits and acknowledgements. Even though the last CD was overnighted Thursday night, there were still some last-minute corrections that had to be sent in a follow-up e-mail on Friday morning. Personally, I'm glad it's over, but our respite will only be temporary...soon we'll have to go back into a couple of images in order to turn them around for another project. 90 years after the ship sank and there's still not enough time for everything that needs to be done...go figure. Now the images go for colour correction and then the book is sent to Italy. We probably won't see it again until its publcation date in April. I can't explain why it will spend so much time overseas before it finally hits bookshelves...that would be a question for Madison Press.

Parks

Jun 4, 2000
Thanks George and Parks, that's excellent news indeed. Good to know too that the quality of the printing is being taken seriously by Madison Press, who've been responsible for some very well produced books with high quality colour reproductions. Also good is that such a major publication will make its way down here, even if it might take a bit longer than the release in the US.

Just think: in a few short months those tantalising glimpses of Ghosts will be totally surpassed by the reality of the full length work. I wonder if Mike T's 'reserved' The 2002 Titanic Book of the Year Award for this one.
happy.gif

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Parks!

That's great to hear! Between your own contributions and those of the other ET members who are participating in the project, Don's and Ken's book will definitely be something special.

All my best,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.