Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Looks like this book has been available for AGES! Long before some of us were even born!

I just went to the link in the very 1st post, and this is what amazon says:

quote:

Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 1969. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Hi Daniel,

LOL!! I wonder if they're still taking orders?

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Hi, Michael and Jason!

I'm looking forward to Don's book, too. A number of our ET friends have contributed material to the Cameron project, and -- as always -- it's a foregone conclusion that Don's involvement will guarantee a top-flight end result.

All my best,

George

After a week of working through the wee hours of the morning, Ken and I finished our images and sent them off to Toronto. Ken's still working on the credits and acknowledgements. Even though the last CD was overnighted Thursday night, there were still some last-minute corrections that had to be sent in a follow-up e-mail on Friday morning. Personally, I'm glad it's over, but our respite will only be temporary...soon we'll have to go back into a couple of images in order to turn them around for another project. 90 years after the ship sank and there's still not enough time for everything that needs to be done...go figure. Now the images go for colour correction and then the book is sent to Italy. We probably won't see it again until its publcation date in April. I can't explain why it will spend so much time overseas before it finally hits bookshelves...that would be a question for Madison Press.

Parks

Thanks George and Parks, that's excellent news indeed. Good to know too that the quality of the printing is being taken seriously by Madison Press, who've been responsible for some very well produced books with high quality colour reproductions. Also good is that such a major publication will make its way down here, even if it might take a bit longer than the release in the US.

Just think: in a few short months those tantalising glimpses of Ghosts will be totally surpassed by the reality of the full length work. I wonder if Mike T's 'reserved' The 2002 Titanic Book of the Year Award for this one.
happy.gif

Hi, Parks!

That's great to hear! Between your own contributions and those of the other ET members who are participating in the project, Don's and Ken's book will definitely be something special.

All my best,

George

George, Parks, thanks to both for the updates. it certainly has us on tenderhooks waiting for the Spring to hurry up and get here!

Fiona, this would qualify for the 2003 Book of the Year Award. and thank goodness, I don't have to worry about that for another 12 months yet! still if this book realizes its potential, it is going to be a tremendous challenge for anything else to compete with it. time will tell.

as for the 2002 Book of the Year, it has been chosen and will be announced within the next few weeks.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Michael,

You are teasing us there! But that's half the fun, I know. Can't wait...

Parks,

Thanks for the continued updates on your extraordinary contributions to making "Ghosts" the success I'm sure it wouldn't be without your expertise!

George,

You're right, there are some far-too Humble Harrys (and Hannahs, too, I think!), culled from ET's own, who have done their bit for Don's and Ken's book. So kudos to them, too!

Best to all,

Randy

Colleen,

It would only dilute your enjoyment of the movie or book if I were to reveal what I know (not to mention the trust I would violate). I have only been exposed to a fraction of the overall effort; for instance, where the book is concerned, I haven't been involved in much outside of Chapter 3. Aside from a few captions that I was asked to write in that chapter, I have seen none of the text that Don wrote. I have worked solely with CG images, but haven't seen much of the other images used throughout the book, only what I've seen on others' computers when I was at either CLU or Earthship. Sure, individual glimpses might be interesting, but one can't appreciate the full worth of the book until the entire effort is seen. As far as that is concerned, I am in the same boat with everyone else...I won't see the final product until the book hits the stores. And because of the relatively small amount that I do know about what's coming, I'm probably in greater suspense than you.

Randy and George,

Thanks for the kudos. Ken has outdone himself once again and judging by what George says, Don has, too. I am continually amazed at the depth of knowledge those two have.

Parks

Parks. I know, I know.... The tension is almost unbearable. It is George and Randy that are rubbing it in, and making the Mt. Dew stock prices soar! Hearing that so many ET friends have contributed to this project, I will cherish the book and see the movie with great enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.