Marshall Hackett

• Thread starter Marshall Hackett
  • Start date

M

Marshall Hackett

Greetings!

I'm Robert Marshall Hackett, but usually I just go by "Marshall." I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota (I am a native), and work as a radio announcer for Cities 97 (KTCZ-FM), where again, I am just "Marshall." I just turned 45.

I have had an interest in the Titanic since I was a teen. I have a particular interest in the Marconi Company operators. These men knew what it meant to "do your duty" and were GREAT radiomen! I hope I can serve my public with the same resolve they did; of course, they served with a willingness to die at their post! But, from info on a music artist, to breaking news, to a tornado warning, I try to remember Phillips and Bride.

I went to the University of Minnesota, and was a member of the Zeta Psi Fraternity. I have worked at several Twin Cities radio stations and have been with Cities 97 for five years come May, 2008.

I am a member of the Titanic Historical Society, and have been for many years. I consider them the "best" (it's obviously a subjective call) of the Titanic organizations. I recently also joined the Titanic International Society.

It's a pleasure to be aboard! I did post a question on the "Crew Research" page concerning Marconi uniforms. Thanks, in advance, for any help on that!

It's nice to meet you!

Jun 12, 2004
Marshall, welcome to the site!
smile.gif

quote:

I have a particular interest in the Marconi Company operators. These men knew what it meant to "do your duty" and were GREAT radiomen!
One person you'd definitely like to meet and get to know is Parks Stephenson. He has been doing field research for sometime (the wreck, I think), but he pops in when he can. This man specializes in Marconi and has also conducted extensive studies on the wireless room and the apparatus, which is still there.

As for everything else, well . . . take a look around. Hopefully, you can pass some of your insight regarding radio onto the rest of us. Perhaps we can learn to see the wireless in a whole new way.
wink.gif