Mary Conover Lines

Mar 15, 2001
Mary Lines (age 16) and her mother Mrs.Ernest Lines were survivors of the Titanic disaster. They lived in Paris where Mrs. Ernest Lines husband Dr. Ernest Lines represented New York Life Insurance Company as chief medical examiner for Europe. All three of them were booked for Titanic but at the last moment, press of business caused Dr. Lines to remain in Paris, thus saving his life. Later in life, Mary Lines said that two things stuck in her memory about that night. One was the intense cold and the other was the cries of those in the water, which slowly faded as the hours went by. Mary Lines passed away in 1975 at the age of 80. The photo was taken shortly before her death. http://community-2.webtv.net/ScottDar/MaryLines/

Dec 7, 2000
Darren,

Great photo! Where did the information come from that Mr. Lines was meant to sail with them? If this is true, he had to have cancelled his booking either on or before Saturday, April 6, 1912.

Regards,

Daniel.

Apr 16, 2001
Hi Daniel,

From what I've been able to determine, Dr. Lines intended to sail with his wife and daughter to attend his son's graduation from Dartmouth College. To my knowledge, Mary Lines never said her father ever booked passage for himself but was apparently toying with the possibility of joining his wife and daughter for the trip. As already mentioned, he was delayed by business and therefore only booked passage for his family.

Mike

Jun 4, 2003
Hi! I believe the Lines stayed in a D deck cabin. Which was it and by the way, are there any photos of actual D deck staterooms? Thanks!

S

Stephanie Stokes

Hi!First of all I'm sorry I have not posted for long.It's been a crazy summer so far!I was wondering if anybody can give me any information on Mary Conover Lines.Shewas a 1st class passenger I do belive.Thanks in advance!