Mary McGovern

MATD

Sep 22, 2010
My grandaunt, Mary McGovern, married Peter McGovern. They had a son, Hugh McGovern. She had given her return passage money to my grandfather, Philip McGovern, her brother, so that he could leave Ireland for America. She stayed and married Peter in a marriage arranged by her mother. The descendants of Philip are all greatly thankful for Mary's survival and her generosity.

Carolineedie

Apr 17, 2012
My mum & grandmother , both called Bridget Mcgovern were neighbours of Mary mcgovern . mum told me that her mum use to tell her that Mary was the lady who survived the Titanic , mum been quite ayoung girl at the time , did not realise what the titanic was all about . Mum & my uncle Pat use to go to her house to get eggs !! By the way we're not related , every one in that neck of the woods is a Mcgovern , because their was sooo many,they all had nick names , my family were called the Tom -Johns !!! 

Apr 12, 2019
Mary McGovern was my husband’s great aunt (the sister of his grandfather, Patrick McGovern, who resided with his wife Catherine in Cliffside Park, NJ . Mary came to the US and lived for awhile with her brothers and their wives. While Mary returned to Ireland, Patrick and Catherine lived their lives out in New Jersey. Patrick had 3 sons (John, Thomas and Donald) and 8 grandchildren.