Matt Newman's 1400 Titanic Model

Nov 26, 2005
Hey all. Just thought I'd share my 1/400 that I'm in the finishing stages of. Still some touch ups to do here and there and some painting that I missed, which will also be corrected in the near future.

Again, she's a work in progress and has some mistakes I made during painting especially that I plan to correct on the 1/350 scale model I started today.

Anyway, everyone's always so great about sharing their models and artwork around here so I thought I'd throw mine in.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Matthew,

I have a minor correction to make, regarding the flags. It appears that you have an Union Jack flag on the aft mast, but Titanic flew a royal ensign which was at the stern. The WSL flag you have on the stern, should be moved to the aft mast.

Other than that, your model looks good to me.

A

Alexander John Cooley

Lookin good. Lookin good. Keep up the work on her and I am excited to see how she will look when she is finished.

Nov 26, 2005
>>It appears that you have an Union Jack flag on the aft mast, but Titanic flew a royal ensign which was at the stern. The WSL flag you have on the stern, should be moved to the aft mast. <<

Ah! You're right Jason!! I hope these flags are easy to move around! lol You know, it just occured to me why I did that. When I was putting it together I kept remembering DirK Pitt hanging the WSL flag at the stern and did the same to mine. lol This brings me back to the golden rule I hear here on ET all the time..."DO NOT COUNT ON THE MOVIES FOR ACCURACY!" Truer words have never been spoken.

I will change that around right now while it's fresh on my mind. Thanks guys!!!

Nov 26, 2005
Fixed! Thank God these are sticker flags and not decals. I was able to just pop these right off and switch them with ease. Thank you the sharp eye Jason!

Nov 26, 2005
Another error you guys might notice, the stairwells leading from the A-Deck promenade down to B-Deck. I forgot to add these before I glued the decks together. Once I realized my mistake I tried like heck to squeeze the stairwells into place, which resulted in two broken and jagged stairwells, so that's something I'm just going to have to overlook on this one but make special note of when I begin work on my 1/350, which actually began construction last night.

After a visit to the TRMA, I realized half my paint choices were not accurate to scale, so I printed off a nice list of recommendations from them and have compiled on hell of a paint-shopping list! Will be making a visit to my local hobby guy probably within the week.

ANyway, thanks always for any comments or observations that anyone can provide. I love constructive criticism.
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Matthew, the flag at the stern should be the Blue Ensign, not the Union Jack. The Union flag wasn't used at all, but you could have the Stars and Stripes at the foremast if you want to represent the ship as leaving Southampton or nearing Queenstown, or the French tricolor for the approach to Cherbourg.

Nov 26, 2005
>>Matthew, the flag at the stern should be the Blue Ensign, not the Union Jack.<<

Wuh-oh! The only three flags I have are the red White Star flag, the American flag, and the Union Jack. :-S I switched the Union Jack from the aft mast to the stern pole and put the White Star flag on the aft mast.

I knew I had a few stickers come up missing! Grr.