Mauretania deck plans

ash briers

May 1, 2008
hi, i was wondering if anyone has or knows where i can find plans of the r.m.s. mauretania (1907-1935) i would be really greatful if anyone could tell me, hope to hear from you soon...

A

Alexander John Cooley

That ship is definitely smaller than the RMS Titanic.

E

Ellen Grace Butland

See if you can get this book from the Library 'the cunard turbine driven quadruple screw atlantic liner MAURETANIA edited by Mark Warren. Plans are still small, but readable and lots of pictures of interiors plus heaps of technical details. If you are mad keen on this ship and a technophile, this is a must have book but get from the library first and see if its for you. Best wishes, (and yes, she was so much faater)

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>If you are mad keen on this ship and a technophile, this is a must have book but get from the library first and see if its for you.<<

For anybody of a technical bent, The Shipbuilder is a "Must Have" resource. That's not to say it's 100% accurate in each and every single respect, but much of their source material came from the shipping lines and the builders themselves.

The Mark Warren collection is probably going to be difficult and expensive to get ahold of since it appears to no longer be in print, but the used book services may be worth a look.