Mauretania Pub in Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a recent trip to Dublin, I was told of a pub that had "Stuff from the Titanic's sister ship". Curiosity naturally aroused, I went to the said pub, The Oak in Dame Street, to find that it claimed to have the French Room from the Mauretania. I've not heard of a French Room on the Mauretania. It'd be good to get a photo of the panels on the ship!

Photos below. I look forward to hearing your comments.
97935.jpg

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Quite lovely! Thanks for sharing them, Stuart. I hope I can find it when I go there next year. Can you email me privately with some directions?

Thanks!
Kyrila

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Good to hear from you again, Stuart, and to see that you've been doing some constructive pub crawling - er - research. I don't think I've ever been in The Oak...or if I was, I wasn't in an observational frame of mind. Looks like such a typical Dublin bar I could slouch off there happily right now.

You should come along for the South Pole expedition - if we ever get it off the ground!

When are you planning on being in Ireland, Kyrila? Good Lord Willing and the Creeks Don't Rise, I'll be back there next April.

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Hi Stuart,
could you please email me at the address below? I have some questions about this room and where it might have come from aboard Mauretania. I am unable to send PM's for some reason. Thanks!

Best,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.