Apr 2, 2005
the world weekly news a tabloid has reported
a Nowegeian fishing captain who says he
has picked up a sos from the titanic
that some is still alive on on her and wants
off take for what its worth and consider the source

Pat Winship

May 8, 2001
LOL indeed. Someone on another list once proposed a Weekly World News Titanic story writing contest-- however, the WWN itself seems to be upping the ante with this gem.

Hmmm-- would anyone on ET like to try a similar contest? We've certainly got enough expertise on this list to do better than they did!

Pat W.

Mar 15, 2001
The World Weekly News sales must really increase when they have these Titanic stories because they have them so often. I have to admit I purchased a copy a while back just out of curiousity. Anyone else want to confess to buying this news rag?

A

Alicia Windsor

I don't actually buy it, but I admit to visiting the website for a daily laugh. I think that the myth of the Titanic mummy turned up there once a long time ago.

A

Alex McLean

Alicia,
It did somewhere. This is also the same group who claimed they found the Titanic iceberg with wreckage and the bodies of three dead crewmen aboard, and the one who had claimed a ship had discovered a baby in a Titanic life ring, in period clothing crying for her mother. A 'Time Warp' was the only logical answer, they said.
It is a mad mad mad mad mad mad world.

Aug 31, 2004
WWN, I bought that for laughs, but their titanic stories contradict each other. they said it was sunk by aliens, the KKK, a japanese sub, and that newly weds were found in a life ring-in fact, I have that issue, which is stupid, the photo is of two skeletons in a life ring that says "USS Titanic"