Memorial Edition Sinking of the Titanic found what to do

Aug 24, 2008
Hi:
Just last week, I was over at my aunt's, and uncles house (it's having all it contents removed, and sold for the most part) as it is in the process of being sold.

My aunt moved to a small apt. Anyways there e was a box of old books, that was going to be sent to a thrift store, and I asked if I could have them.

I took them home, and much to my surprise, as I'm a big titanic fan, I found a first ed of the book
"memorial edition: sinking of the titanic".

Now it's missing the title pages, and the first chapter. The binding is in kind of bad shape, the front, and back covers are in good shape. Now I'm wondering what to do, as to stablizing the book, so it does not fall in worse shape, etc.

I'm not really into the cash value of it, but from looking on the web, I have seen a book, in somewhat better shape going for 180.00. Any ideas what the going value is for something like this?
Just wondering, cause I have no intention of ever selling it.

Matthew Farr

Apr 14, 2010
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Albert,
The fact that it is missing an entire chapter really makes it worthless to collectors. Most collectors want complete books in the best possible condition. The better the condition the book is in the more money it is likely to fetch and visa versa. Damage to the book will severely diminish its value and missing pages will almost always render a book worthless. I am sorry if I disappointed you with this.

Aug 24, 2008
Matthew: That's ok. Just to have something like this, is so great anyways. I have not had the chance to talk to my aunt, as she still has a lot of stuff laying around, but she might have the rest of the book sitting around someplace. Like me she is an incurable pack rat lol.

Thanks for the info.