Memories of the Titanic

T

Trent Pheifer

Has anyone seen Memories of the Titanic, which was put out by THS, I was for sure going to get it, because of Ruth becker being on it, but then I looked at the price, I am wondering if its worth it? How long is the video?

Thanks,
trent

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hi, Trent,
I have a copy of Memories of the Titanic. It is approx. 90 minutes of home movies featuring eleven survivors at a 1988 THS convention telling their stories. The quality is comparable to most home made videos from that decade. The sound quality is too. I'm glad I have it, but if you're expecting a professionally made film, this isn't it. The survivors featured are Frank Aks, Marjorie Newell Robb, Ruth Becker Blanchard, Louise Kink Pope, Bertram Dean, Millvina Dean, Eva Hart, Eleanor Johnson Shuman, Beatrice Sandstrom, Eileen Conyingham Schefer (a cross-channel passenger) and Michael Navratil. Yes the price is high, but where else are you going to find 11 survivors telling their stories?
I hope this is helpful.
Kyrila

T

Trent Pheifer

Hi Kyrila,

Thanks for the information, I think I will buy it, is there alot on there with Ruth becker?

Thanks again
-Trent

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Trent, Sorry to take so long to respond to your message. I haven't watched it in a long time, but I think each survivor was given as long as they wanted, and Ruth was one of the most vociferous survivors, so she probably took a lot of time. I'd still buy it. In fact, I did!
Kyrila

J

Jon_dalbyball

Hi

There's not a place on this forum for this dvd as its not a movie, tv etc but rather a home made dvd by THS so I am posting this in general Titanic.

I was wondering what the dvd containing footage of 11 Titanic survivor accounts was like from THS ?

http://secured.titanichistoricalsociety.org/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnqofrg4

It was always something I wanted to watch but as I did not live in america when it came out my video would not have played it. I now see it is out on dvd but is a bit expensive. Can anyone tell me a bit more about it ? For example are there interviews with most of the survivors like Marjorie Newell Robb who attended this convention ? I've seen Ruth Beckers accounts so would not want it if that is all it has :)

I wonder if it will play on a european dvd player. I did ask them but they did not reply.

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted as a separate thread in "General Titanica," has been moved to this existing thread discussing the same production. MAB]

J

Jon_dalbyball

Hi

I was not aware there was already a topic in regard to this DVD. I will have to look harder next time as I only thought movies and tv were covered rather what is a home made 80's THS film with Titanic survivors.

The answer given by Kyrila to someone else some time ago covers my question about this dvd fully.
However if anyone outside of America has this on dvd and it does not play in there player I would be grateful if they could let me know :) Would hate to obtain it and then find out it won't play in my machine :)

Thanks

Jon