MenWomen separated by Gender On Titanic

Jan 28, 2003
Very few people can play 78s, 30's, 45's, or even tapes these days. And now I am being asked again to pay out yet more money for a digitally-remastered Beatles collection? I've already bought them on vinyl, tape and CD at various times. Luckily, I don't want them again. So, Sony, ***** you.

I remember an old wind-up machine which played 78s, and was a relic from my parents in WW2. I bought ancient 78 records at flea markets, and it was fun. Much of the fun was trying to find the needles to play the weird, ancient records, like Jelly Roll Morton. So tactile, even if very old.

If only I still had them. I do still have an LP - Copulating Blues - which featured some awful but tremendous songs from Bessie Smith, and other talented people who led extraordinary lives. But I can't play them at the moment.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
In view of the recent plague of trolls and imposters, I'm doubtful that the posting above is from the real Monica Hall. Mon's spelling is flawless, so she would surely have used the right number of asterisks.

Jan 29, 2001
Ah but Monica...as I learned the hard way on 16 Feb. '07..."What does'nt kill you will make you stronger".

(Perhaps partially crippled, but indeed stronger :)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA