Message Board Technical Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Quite a few of us are experiencing problems posting messages - server hangups, timeouts and the like, not to mention the image uploading issue which is driving some of our number to distraction. I don't know why this is happening and have asked the company that hosts the site to look into it. If it turns out that they can't fix it it may well be that we'll have to take the board down and remount it from scratch. Only about 90 MB
happy.gif
there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the main site so hopefully that won't need reloading. I'll give notice if and when this is going to happen because it is likely to involve a 24 hr shutdown. It'll be a good opportunity to dig out that book you've been meaning to read, chat to the wife, phone a beloved ancestor or walk the dog.

I don't have to worry about dogs. Ours is a household full of cats who are quite content to curl up on the couch or demand their due tribute.

Phil, I hope it doesn't come to a shutdown. That would be a real bummer.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Inger Sheil

That would be a shame. But would you buy the dog for me? I fancy a chihuahua...or even two, as they're such small animals.

Oooh, controversial words, Phil... ruff!
Geoff, I wouldn't take that about your wife from the likes of him.

Here, let me hold your coat.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Image uploading is been disabled for the time being. Text only posts *are* getting though OK. Even if error messages appear.

I'm sorry about ongoing problems but there's nothing I can do until monday at the earliest as I am away at the BTS for the weekend.

You'll just have to learn to love server hangups!

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
OK, the board has been restored from a backup. Hopefully we didn't lose too much. Let me know if anything appears to be missing.

5680.png

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">OK, the board has been restored from a backup. Hopefully we didn't lose too much. Let me know if anything appears to be missing.

Just realised what happened to the board. We did loose the Britannic playroom conversation in the 'Other ships and shipwrecks' but have started a new one now. Everything else seems to be fine.

Best regards,

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.