Message Board Technical Issues

• Thread starter Encyclopedia Titanica
  • Start date
S

Susan Leighton

Hey Monica,
Thanks for giving me five stars for observation. I'd like to thank the academy, etc......

The 'rating system' seems to be gone now though. I can only imagine the effect it would have had on this board. Please bring it back Phil, I promise we'll be good.

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

>>Can someone enlighten me on the newly implemented post ratings? Thanks!<<

It was something where somebody could 'vote' on which posts were the 'best' and which were supposedly 'the worst.' Phil turned the thing on by mistake and quickly deactivated it. Since something like that could fuel way more controversy then it's worth, I can see why.

M

monica e. hall

Hi Susan,
I have to say I did wonder if it was our reaction to it that made Phil turn it off again so rapidly. Michael has explained. I suppose he may have a point but, like you, I'd like it turned back on and I too promise to be good - and only vote for the very good posts....
Happy

Encyclopedia Titanica

Encyclopedia Titanica

Philip Hind
Staff member
No doubt Robin Gardner could do a book on a message board conspiricy but I'm afraid this one's pure cock-up. I don't think we'll be using message ratings because they're not a useful measure of the quality of a post and are to open to abuse.

This administrative message has been rated at:

D

Dennis Smith

Fiona,

Thanks for that, but Phil obviously spotted my post and contacted me directly by E mail. Hopefully my problems will soon be over.

Thanks again.

Best wishes and Rgds

Dennis

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Well, let's peel the bananas, split the fruit, scoop on some home made vanilla ice cream, put on the toppings of your choice, add in cherries and whipped cream....Hmmmmmmmm....those bananas are starting to look really good!
Grin

Inger Sheil

Inger Sheil

Wow! Guess there's no missing the fact that Phil is the Big Banana around here...! ;)

G

Geoff Whitfield

Hi Inger,

And who eats big bananas?........big monkeys! I shall say no more on the matter!

Geoff

Mark Chirnside

Mark Chirnside

Look's like it's working Philip! Thanks for your hard work and that of everyone who must have put in a great deal of effort to get the board back up and running again.

Best regards,

Mark.

Fiona Nitschke

Fiona Nitschke

Yup, bravo to all concerned in getting the site, then the board, back up and running. Tis good to be back.

D

Daniel Klistorner

Phil,

Wow, glad to see the board back up again. It was a scary few weeks, but all's back to normal as far as I can see!

Daniel.