Message Board Technical Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Looks like we started getting posting errors on the Passenger Research topic so I have recreated it and shifted all but 50 of the the discussions to an archive. I hope this isn't a problem. At least the index will load a bit quicker now.

If you have E-Mail notifcation set up for that topic you'll need to go into your profile and reset it.

I'll probably do the same with some of the other topics in due course. Maybe any discussion that hasn't been added to since the start of the year will go in the archive in order to keep things lean.

Erik Wood

Phil,

For some reason I can't find the message board short cut on the main page anymore. Did you hide it from me?? Trying to get to post less or something?? Just Kididng.

Erik

C

Cátia Lamy

Hello!

I don't want to be boring but... I keep on receiving these error messages when I post something on the message board. I firstly receive something about the informations having to be be sent again and then the "Message Already Posted" error.

Am I doing something wrong or the site is still having any problems?

Best Wishes,
Cátia Lamy

C

Cátia Lamy

This message board must be joking with me! :(

The message before I posted the one about the error message really gave me that error (as have been usual) but when I posted the one about the error message no error happened....
Maybe it's my error!

I don't get it!
Cátia Lamy

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Well it worked for a short while. Sorry about all the problems.

Errors are being reported when you click post on some (but not all) topics. But these posts are getting through.

Also the image upload system is not working properly in some areas so please confine image uploading to the new "Image Upload" topic. That way I only have to worry about one folder.

Right now I can't work out what is wrong with the system but I'll will keep looking into it.

W

WOODROW STEPHEN CRAWFORD

Phil,

I am new to this website, seeing that i just joined. Anything and everything you're doing is a good job. Thanks for giving me a place to discuss TITANIC with the masses. This is, as they said back then...... "she's a very nice job"

thank you,

woods

Not really a technical problem...
Should this be allowed? It's been posted in at least three different sub-forums:

HOW TO TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO FORTY THOUSAND EASY AND HONESTLY!!:

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
I turn my back for five minutes and someone breaks the thing again. I have been up for 40 hours so I am not going to go through and check everything here but we have the topics page up again (kind of). I have no idea what went wrong with it.

M

Mirriam Wood

Welcome back, Phil!

How was India? Hope you rested up sufficiently before coming back to the mess awaiting you!! Thank you for fixing it so quickly. We all missed our "home away from home", and some of us even figured out how to get in through the back door, Die Hards that we are! We certainly all love ET, and perhaps it takes something like the closed doors we encountered over the last couple of days to make us realize even more just how wonderful a place this really is, and how much we appreciate being a part of it!

Warmest thanks!

Mirriam

No problem with the errors, Phil. Since I work in technology every day, I am used to errors and frustration. You just sort of accept them as part of the job.

I can put up with errors on ET, but what I can't put up with are errors with my ISP!!!! If I can't get on the net I freak! I gotta have my ET fix! Gotta have it!

You're doing a wonderful job here, Phil. The errors are of minor consequence to me. Thanks for creating a beautiful site for all to see and take part in.

Sincerely,

Teri Milch

Good job Phil! We were missing this site badly, to say nothing of the company and insights of freinds. Get yourself some sleep. God knows you've earned it! Thanks!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Michael,

I'm with you Michael. Isn't the feeling horrible without our friends? After awhile you get kinda attached to the people here, I know the feeling. I know if I go more than one day off of this Board, I get jittery and have to log on.

Phil, what have you done to me!

Teri

Teri - Many young ladies have asked this question of Mr Hind!

Phil - Welcome home O Sage of Oxford, as you know, I'm not one to tell tales but it was Cook who messed up the message board whilst you were away!

Mrs. W. & I are heading off to The Republic of Ireland for a few days, there to meet with Mr Molony, do you have any message for him (which won't earn me a black eye if possible!)

Geoff

Your humble servant.

Status
Not open for further replies.