Message Board Technical Issues

• Thread starter Encyclopedia Titanica
  • Start date
Fiona Nitschke

Fiona Nitschke

G'day Phil,

Love the improvements, but they win the hat trick too: I can't view the navigation links below the blue line (or even the blue line itself) in IE, Netscape or Opera! LOL! (I only know it's there through fiddling with 'view full screen' in IE and dropping it all down to 70% - unreadable - in Opera. Hrm.)

You probably know a lot more about your own page's design than me, but it looks the frameset dimensions might be the problem: are you using a set height or a percentage? And is anyone else experiencing the same difficulty? (I hope it's not just me or I will be banished back to the dark side of the 'old' version...)

As we say in the vernacular: great stuff, but!

Cheers,
F

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Looks great Phil.

Just a quick question since it's been discussed in the intro thread, how many posts are each of the members up to now and how do we go about finding out on our own?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

Ah- relief- I felt like I was in a vast hotel lobby and all my friends were in rooms somewhere but I couldn't see them or didn't know which room they were in without knocking on ALL the doors UNTIL I got directions to the OLD BOARD format from my hero. This old old dog can only bear one new trick a decade -thank's for the safety net- you YOUNG things enjoy the NEW format, I am still putzing along in my horseless carriage!

Encyclopedia Titanica

Encyclopedia Titanica

Philip Hind
Staff member
Hello Mike,

Unfortunately the individual message counts have been lost. They restarted but only in April or thereabouts. I don't think that there is any way to check yourself.

Phil

Sam Brannigan

Sam Brannigan

Short of extra lifeboats, a Cafe Parisien and oil fired engines, this new format has been a pretty spiffing refit!

Now, what's that line at the end of Star Trek VI when Kirk tells Sulu to take the first star on the right........!

Regards

Sam

Kyrila Scully

Kyrila Scully

Sam! I didn't know you were a ST fan! Write me and I'll tell you of my glory days with the fan club (I was editor of their magazine).

Kyrila

P.S. Phil, Love the new format, but my screen is too small to read the links on the far right in the heading box. But I can manage w/o it. Well done, sir!

D

Diane Ostrow

Hey Everybody!
I need help with the new board! I have tried clicking on New Messages link under the blue line and I get the search for new messages screen, but when I hit search I get nothing.....what am I doing wrong?
Ahoy,
Diane

Paul Rogers

Paul Rogers

Hi Diane.

Before clicking on Search, check to make sure that the "Search In" box is set to All Topics. (A mistake that I've made on occasion!)

Regards,
Paul.

J

Joshua Gulch

CHEKOV: Course, Captain?
KIRK: Second star on the right... and straight on 'til morning.

Captain's log, stardate 9529.1. This is the final cruise of the starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no one has gone before.

Josh.

Kyrila Scully

Kyrila Scully

Josh,
Which one of the 79 jewels did that line come from?

Kyrila
from Arcturus 12. (Pass the Saurian brandy!)

T

Teri Lynn Milch

Oh Kyrila!

If you're using IE, you can enlarge the font size by going to View, Text Size, then select Largest. That should help you out a bit. At least I hope so.

Phil,

That would have been nice to see the count, but oh well, like Michael said, (shrug).

Shelley,

Don't worry about the age thingy, I'm not too far behind you...

Teri

J

Joshua Gulch

Kyrila,
Those were the closing words of "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country."

Easy on the Saurian Brandy, though. Try this stuff. It's green.

Josh.