Michael Dow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Dow

Nov 17, 2004
I am a retired university administrator and local and family researcher. I now have a business which undertakes family history research together with maritime history in Liverpool. My grandfather was Commander Daniel Dow, Commodore of the Cunard Line who retired shortly after the First War. He commanded nearly all the pre 1914 Atlantic Liners including the famous "Lusitania" and "Mauretania". I have posted some more information about him on the Lusitania section of this site. Both my father and my maternal grandfather spent their whole working life in the Maritime service so I have a wealth of knowledge and information in that area and, in particular, in the maritime history of Liverpool. My family were also very friendly with Captain Turner and his housekeeper as they only lived around the corner from us. My daughter and I also run Genealogy and Family History courses and workshops in the North West (UK)and we have a special love of the North West and its history.

Aug 29, 2000
Welcome Aboard Michael! I am so looking forward to your postings. With your impressive and very exclusive connections, I know many exciting revelations are forthcoming. You must be very proud of your grandfather's achievements and career.

Status
Not open for further replies.