Michael Tennaro's Titanic Book Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned this before, but there was a great new addition added to Michael Tennaro's Titanic Book Site a few months ago, the Titanic Book of the Year Awards.

http://www.titanicbooksite.com/bookaward.html

Michael, The Main In Black, is notoriously modest, so I'll toot his horn for him. His book list has an easy link near the bottom of the ET home page, and, should be on every Titanic enthusiasts list of favorites. He has information on every Titanic book ever written in English, and also tips on where to buy them. He also has Titanic books for sale.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Mike not only gets Titanic books in, some are real gems. I bought three books from him just a week ago, two dealing with the Californian and also Signals Of Disaster. Anyone interested in the wealth of information Mike has should really check this site out.

I'm hoping that one day, he'll get Reade's and Padfield's work in his stock.

Tracy Smith

Nov 5, 2000
South Carolina USA
Mike not only runs a topflight site, but he's a great guy as well. I was glad to meet him and talk with him at our SC get together in March 2001.

I ordered Captain Collins' book from him and he was great to do business with. The book arrived much more quickly than it would have if I'd ordered from the publisher or a chain bookstore.

I especially appreciate how he gets the word out whenever a new Titanic related title becomes available.

Jan 7, 2002
Mike is a great person, and one of the most knowlegable Titanic bibliophiles alive!

Michael, i hope will be the one to wtrite "The Titanic Book book", a book about collecting Titanic books, for the Titanic book collector.

regards

Tarn Stephanos

May 8, 2001
I'll add: it was a pleasure to meet Mike in January 2002. I was surprised to see that he not only will point out where to buy a book, but gives an accurate and honest evaluation of a new book available. I would be glad to purchase a book from Mike, and would most likely go to him first!
Colleen

Sep 26, 1999
This is such a great website that Michael has created. I had no idea that so many new books have been written about the Titanic since the Titanic book blitz of 1998. If anyone wants to know anything about any Titanic book, this is the place to go.

Oct 13, 2000
well, I tried to think of some witty response, but as that is definitely not my forte, all I will say is thanks muchly for the kind words. it really makes all the effort worth while to know that people are getting good use out of the site.

as an added bonus, having the site has given me the opportunity to meet &/or correspond with some terrific people, who are just as nuts about books as I am.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Jan 7, 2002
Hi Mike!
I totally agree with your assessment on your Titanic booksite of the Alma White book- the woman was a total bigot, and most copies of "Titanic Tragedy- God Speaking To The Nations' are common, and totally overpriced.
Your right about the variety of binding colors- Your Alma White book is green, mine is brown; I used to have red, black and a white copies- and have seen a blue colored one too. The many colors cant cover up the venom in her book. There was a reprint of her venemous book in the mid 1940s

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Patty Miller

Jan 10, 1998
I initially started by just browsing through
Mike Tennaro's web site, just out of curiosity.
I have since downloaded the entire site, all the
books, the authors, etc. I have this in a spiral
notebook and use this to keep up with all my
Titanic and Titanic related books. I list the
price I paid for the book, the publishing date,etc. I use this book, for my reference to
keep up with what I own, how many copies , etc.
I also use it, to determine what price I will
pay for a book, due to the scarcity. What an
excellent reference Mike's web site is, and
how very extensive it is. I had been on many
search engines, and never found one as comprehensive as Mike's .....Keep up the good
work.....Patty

Jun 4, 2000
Mike T - Belated, but heartfelt congratulations on achieving the second anniversary for the site. It started well and has continued to grow, not just in the amount of information but the sheer scope. I dips me lid.

Happy second anniversary to www.titanicbooksite.com and all who sail in her, from her captain in black through to the odd stowaway.
happy.gif

Oct 13, 2000
Fiona, as always, thanks muchly for the kind words!

for everyone who is into books, Fiona's site has been on-line since 1998 - an age in internet years! her site has reviews of over 200 books, and is still one of the most attractively constructed book sites I have ever seen (for which I remain very envious). well worth visiting:

http://www.bytenet.net/titanicimprint/

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
As you can see from the messages which are now above yours, Gleason, The Man in Black's web site has been well-known in these parts for quite some time, as is its owner. Michael Tennaro, a frequent contributor here, is one of the top experts in this field, and a good guy as well.

Oct 13, 2000
Hi Gleason, thanks for mentioning my site. Hope you found it of some use. Thanks as well to you Mark for the kind words.

Believe it or not, in just a few short weeks the Titanic Book Site.com will be celebrating its fourth anniversary on-line. Where does the time go!

Mar 20, 2000
Congratulations, Michael. I have enjoyed your site since it went up and I think it looks better than ever. You have made it the essential destination for Titanically inclined bibliophiles. May you have many more years of success!

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I'll second what Randy said, congratulations Michael. I've gotten a lot of use out of the site and I always consult it when a question arises with a book.

All the best with it, in the future!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

H

Harriet Collingham

For a bibliophile Michael's site is a must! Whiled away many an hour just looking through
happy.gif

A fantastic resource and hope to see it grow and reflect the dedication of it's owner in it's success.

Oct 13, 2000
Thanks again, all. The feedback is always appreciated!

Some exciting stuff coming to the site in the next few weeks:

The first week of January will see the Titanc Book Site's Book of the Year Award© announced.

Following about a week later, the annual roundup article will be posted, Titanic Books 2004, The Year in Review.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>The first week of January will see the Titanc Book Site's Book of the Year Award© announced.<<

Whew! I'll bet that'll be a really tough choice to make. There haven't been a lot of contenders this year, but what has been published has included some really superlative work.

Status
Not open for further replies.