Michail Michailakis escaping from the archived threads

Jan 14, 2001
Hi,I'm Michail from Athens,Greece.I'm a Pharmacy student in the University of Ferrara,Italy.My work schedule is divided between studying in Athens and taking the exams in Italy.Since I was a kid,I was thrilled by Titanic's story.I bought my first Titanic book in 1997("Titanic:An illustated history").I was impressed by the superb illustration of Britannic's wreck and I decided to focus my interest to that ship.Last May,I created "Britannic",a website dedicated to her story.

Best regards,
Michail

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hello Michail, a pleasent surprise to see you here!
You might want to join the conversation in my 'introduce yourself' section, were talking about Britannic's sinking.

Regards,
Remco

BTW, did you get the Email a couple of weeks ago about Cuthbertson, they guy washed from G to D deck?

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Michail, Remco and I have been having an on-going discussion onnthe Britannic on his intro thread. You might want to join in...or maybe start a thread of your own in thr Other Ships and Shipwrecks folder.

Nice website you have. Looks like you put a lot of work into it.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Jan 14, 2001
Hi again,

Well,let's use this thread for any comments/questions about the site or myself.In case something new about the Britannic comes out we can always start a new one.Regarding the on-going discussion,check Remco's thread for my post.

Michael:Thanks for the kind words.Yes,you're right.I've spent many hours collecting information from books,internet ecc.I'm glad that so far all visitors have appeciated the result.

Remco:Yes,I got the e-mail.I thought I had already replied.Sorry,it had been a busy week.I'll send you an e-mail as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Michail

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Michael,

Funny to see those pictures. Nice to see the person to whom belongs the name. Well, I hope you can also add a picture from yourself as a graduate of Ferrara in the next years.
proud.gif

Regards,

Rollie
happy.gif

Jan 5, 2001
Michail,

I realised I hadn't posted anything on this thread. A late welcome to the board! By the way, there should be an e-mail on its way to you.

Best regards,

Mark.

Jan 14, 2001
Hello again!

I've also put some good links in the text of my presentation in the "About me" page,take a look.

Jason:Thank you very much.I believe you'll find some interesting info regarding the Britannic.

Rollie:Glad you liked the pics.Your hope is my wish for this new year.

Laura:Thanks!I'm so happy to meet a girl with such TITANIC interests.Will you marry me?...;)Looking forward to your posts.

Mark:Thank you my friend.I received your e-mail yesterday.No problem with the picture.Remember,we're not making a contest here.Everyone is invited to present his/her artistic expression of the events.Wait for this weekend's update.

Best regards,
Michail

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hi all,

I do get the feeling that I'm to late with my porposal Laura...;-D

Anyway, looking forward to the update of the site Michail!
With your trip and artistic expressions from Mark it sounds very interesting!

Regards,
Remco

Jan 14, 2001
Hi,

It's 03.00 and I've just finished the update.I think you'll like the new additions.It's a world exclusive I think.

For those who don't know the site:
http://members.tripod.com/michailakis/

Laura:Hmmm....In that case,I guess I must convince you I'm better than an ocean liner:I don't smoke,I'll be around after 30 years,you won't have to wait my return for weeks(or months),I am unique(you wont't find a Michailakis' class of men).OK maybe I won't be famous like the Titanic,but that it's not certain...Besides,fame has many disadvantages.Convinced?

Best regards,
Michail

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
Well I'm not a girl easily convinced!!! I guess you could buy me an ocean liner............!
happy.gif
Although your Britannic site would do just as well, I'm really impressed with it.I know alot about Titanic, but my knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to Britannic and Lusitania(which I'm also interested in) so I'm a bit more clued up on the Britannic now!! Thank you!

I don't expect you to try sinking yourself or exploding or imploding for that matter!...bit drastic!

Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hello guys!!

I won't disturb your lovely chatting, but I feel I have to interfere. Nice to be witness of an worldwidewebmarriage (Ever thought about the fact that "Marriage" descends from the French and "wedding" from the Germans?). Were does "worldwidewebmarriage" descends from? I only want to say that I wanna be there when it is so far! Maybe I could serve some drinks like on the virtual titanic voyage. It would be a great excercise.

Well, Michail if you're really so rich, buy me a second Titanic too. Though I would like to change some parts of the ship.

BTW Laura, think carefully about Michails offer. I have family from Macedonia (above Greece) and it is customary in that area of Europe to give an enormous party for almost the whole village when you are going to marry (When I look at the fact that Athens is rather big!). The womens have to cook the whole week for all those hungry men. I don't know if you're emancipated Laura, but...

Well, I've said enough. Sorry for my interuption. Don't foget to send me an invitation!

Regards,

Rolf

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
I've definitely missed something here.........worldwidewebmarriage........um..., but thanks for the advice Rollie! I'll bear it in mind if I ever come across a Greek man!

Laura

P.S. Unfortunately whoever I marry is going to have to like living on take-aways and microwaved food.

Jan 14, 2001
Hi,

Rollie:Don't undermine my future......;)

Laura:Dear,don't listen to those comments.I adore take-aways and microwaved food.Besides,my idea of a wedding ceremony is completely different.I would love to marry my sweetheart in a small old church in the country(possibly on an Aegean island)without all the fuss that usually follows this event.Just me,her and the priest.(OK,I could make an exception inviting our closest parents.....still no more than 10 people.)

Mark:Haven't you seen your drawing?I've upload it with the Cousteau pics.You can find it in the Gallery.

Everyone:Did you like the pics from the Cousteau expedition?Any ideas about the unidentified object?

Regards,
Michail

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hi Michail,

Magnificent pictures!
I knew they brought some things up, but I didn't knew the pictures.
Wonderful to see those things, did the diver knew where the steering wheel is located now?
Looking forward to the complete artical!

Regards,
Remco