Millvina Dean

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
On another Titanic forum this morning, Brian Ticehurst announced that Millvina Dean had a close encounter with a revolving door at a new shopping center in Southampton, fell and broke her hip. She underwent surgery and according to Brian is in a great deal of pain but alert and joking. I know all of us will want to remember her in our prayers.

Nov 22, 2000
Phillip & Michael,

She is indeed in a great deal of pain and is having daily physiotherapy. Flowers are shortly on their way to her, but as they keep moving her around, have not yet been sent. She is keeping cheerful and making the best of the situation in true Millvina style!

Geoff

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>She is indeed in a great deal of pain...<<

With a broken hip, I don't doubt it. Glad to hear she's upbeat and even joking. A positive attitude makes a big difference in anybody's recovery. Hope you can send her our best wishes if possible. We're all rooting for her!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Sorry to hear it (and someone better teach the shopping centre door better manners).

She's a class act all the way - deals with people from all walks of life (and a few from the loopier fringes) with inimitable style and grace. Good to hear that her sparky sense of humour goes undiminished.

Apr 14, 2001
I wholeheartly agree with all of you on mrs. dean. She needs our prayers for a full and quick recovery ,and its important to let her know that everyone one here on the message board thinking of her, and hope that she will be on her feet soon jennifer mueller