Milton Bell another relative here

• Thread starter Milton Lawrence Bell
  • Start date

M

Milton Lawrence Bell

I am new to this site but I suspect there are many here who had relatives on TITANIC. My Grandfather, Captain Frederick Milton Bell had a very close relative, Chief Engineer Joseph Bell aboard who's body was never recovered. My Grandfather immigrated to America in the late 1800's.

I am pleased to see so much long standing interest in TITANIC. Thank you.

M

Milton Lawrence Bell

> Thank you Coleen. I AM indeed looking forward to interacting with the > people on this site and thank you very much for welcoming me.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Milton,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for all things Titanic.

Hope you enjoy it here!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Maria Marsh

Jul 23, 2004
Hello Milton, I'm relatively new to ET but I also had a close relative on board who survived. Nellie O'Dwyer (Ellen) was my Great-Great Auntie. And thank's to ET I now have her story and a wonderful picture of a very beautiful lady who look's the spitting image of my Grandmother. There are a few of us around and about. (Relatives that is) Some of whom are on ET. It's just finding them.

C

Cornelius Thiessen

Hi Maria,
You mentioned a picture of your great great Aunt Nellie.....where do I find it on ET? I checked her bio and it is'nt there.Thanks so much...

Maria Marsh

Jul 23, 2004
Hello Cornelius, Unfortunately the picture I have of Auntie Nellie was sent to me personally and has a copyright on it so cannot be published on ET or anything else at the moment. I'm sure it will be published at some point in the hopefully not to distant future as I would love to see her face in a book complete with her story. She is a very important part of our lives and I think she would have loved all the interest. Sorry I cannot show you but she was beautiful.

Hilary Popple

May 28, 2003
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Re Maria's post above, it would be nice if there could be a special thread for us relatives of those on board. It is indeed very difficult for us to find each other and exchange stories. Apologies if there is something like this already but I have yet to find it.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
There are quite a lot of others scattered about in the Passenger and Crew Research sections, Hilary. The Reader's Comments and Guestbook sections are worth looking at, though the non-members who post there may not provide any contact information.