Miss Allen's Miss Madill's and Mrs Robert's rooms

Oct 15, 2006
According to the cave list, Mrs Roberts was booked in room B-3 and Misses Allen and Madill in B-5 and Mrs Roberts's maid, according to Miss Allen testimony, in a forward E-deck cabin. But I looked to the price they paid for their ticket and they paid £211 6s 9d. I think it is very expensive for only two basic first class staterooms. I would think they would have been booked in one of the C or B deck period suite...For example, the Ryerson party paid £262 7s 6d for a group of 5 full-fare passengers and of 2 half-fare domestics and they were booked in three B-deck period suites...Could the rooms of Miss Allen's party be misprinted on Cave list...Maybe their real room number was B-63 and B-65(I think it has been proved that the Ryersons were not booked in B-57, B-59, B-61, B-63)...What do you think about it?

Sorry for my english, my native language is french

Dec 7, 2000
Jonathan

According to bedroom steward Alfred Crawford, the three ladies were indeed in the forward B Deck section, so it would appear that their staterooms on the Cave List are correct.

It seems the ladies were rather heavily overcharged for their fare, or perhaps the £262 7s 6d on the contract ticket list is incorrectly written.

Daniel.

Oct 15, 2006
Thanks for the answer. I went on titanicinquiry.org(What a wonderful site) and I read Mr Crawford's testimony and I see that he was also charged of the Bishops and Mr Stewart. But when I looked to the Cave list, I saw that the Bishops were booked in Room B-49. Mr Stewart's room was probably near of it as it was a Bishop's friend and tell them to go on the boat deck after the collision. But, I found it strange that there was so a big distance between the Bishop's room and Mrs Allens, Madills and Robert's rooms. I looked to steward Cunnigham's testimony and all his passengers were in the very same area. Could it be possible that Miss Allen and Cie were booked in fact in B-43, B-45 who seem to be more appropriate for the fare they paid and would fit with Mr Crawfor's testimony...

Sorry for my english

Dec 7, 2000
Crawford seems to have been in charge of the forward starboard cabins on B Deck, which would include rooms B 1 through to B 49. I realise there are a number of passengers in this section that he does not mention, but he either did not remember their names, or did not serve/assist them often (or during the sinking) and therefore did not feel it necessary to mention them.

Daniel.

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Didnt Mrs. Robert say that no one warned her that the ship was going down and that is why they got in the deck late... I guess that would be awkward finding out your steward got off the ship long before you did. I guess it would be a possibility that the ladies upgraded to a better set of cabins in the same section.
Mike

Edinlake

Nov 21, 2014
Edinboro, Pennsylvania US
Didnt Mrs. Robert say that no one warned her that the ship was going down and that is why they got in the deck late... I guess that would be awkward finding out your steward got off the ship long before you did. I guess it would be a possibility that the ladies upgraded to a better set of cabins in the same section.
Mike

Interesting observation as I have felt the same way. These ladies may have very well been some of the last first class women to appear on deck.