Models

• Thread starter Darren Turner (Darren)
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darren Turner (Darren)

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me locate models of the great ship. I'm looking for larger models, say 6' or so. I have been inexplicably drawn to this vessel. I like models and I would love to do a big one. My actual goal would be a 1:1 scale but I'll leave that for another time. Thanks for the help.

Darren Turner
[email protected]

S

Steve Kirk (Stevie)

IS IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO CREATE A SCALE MODEL OF YOUR CHOOSEN SIZE FROM ENLARGED PHOTOS. IF LET'S SAY YOU HAVE A PHOTO OF A PERSON ON DECK,ASSUME THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF HE OR SHE COMPARED TO THE NEARBY DOOR,WINDOW ETC,AND AJUST YOUR SCALE FROM THERE. WE KNOW THE LENGHT,HEIGHT,AND DRAFTOF THE VESSEL. IT MIGHT NOT BE AS DIFFICULT AS YOU THINK TO BUILD A WOODEN SCALE MODEL. I HAVE BUILT WOODEN REPLICAS OF VARIOUS SHIPS(NOT TITANIC)BY USING THESE METHODS. IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE,AND IT GETS RID OF THOSE SMALL ORANGE CRATES!!!

D

Daniel Rosenshine (Danielr)

Hi Darren!

If you visit Harland and Wolf website, they are currently building a 1:48 scale model. It is the largest, actual presice model that I know of. If you scroll a little down the page, you'll see a link to titanic model.

There is a smaller 1:96 model that they have allready built, you can find that on the site too and it's archives, but the 1:48 model is still being built. The progress is fenominal. They're using actual ship's design plans, some of which have never been seen, or released.

They update the photos once in a while, the most recent ones will appear on the first page, but I think you're required to go back for previous photos.

Hope this helps.

Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.