Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2000
The model from the Webb/Stanwyck classic in Fall River.
62465.jpg

Aug 29, 2000
I have monster TIFF files if you want them, just send me an email [email protected] This model is a real 28 foot beauty now her davits and other errors were fixed. It seems to be protected by contract and will not be moved.
62468.jpg

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
I've seen various models on Ebay - although not nearly as impressive as that shown by our own lovely Shelley in the photos above. I know there is a fellow who does the wreckage models, complete with sand. There is another fellow who makes and auctions the models with lights and motors, and still another who sells cutaway models, which are very cool! In fact, I just acquired one such cutaway model myself, and everyone who sees it is very impressed. I hope to save my pop bottle money for the wreckage models for my school exhibits. It runs around $500. Now, if you want a really large and spectacular model, like the one above, you can contact Stuart Williamson through the BTS. He currently has an eight-foot model of the bow section on display at the Titanic Ship of Dreams museum in Orlando, FL, and if you look closely inside the wreck, you can actually see Billy Carter's car, Capt. Smith's bathtub, chandeliers with seagrass stuck in them, and several other interesting and very tiny details. Unfortunately my camera was not equipped to take decent photos of the littlest details hidden inside. And I can't upload the photos that did come out because my computer doesn't have enough memory to handle it, but you can borrow someone's copy of ADB (or join BTS and get your own copy!) and see photos of it. I was told it took him six months to complete not only the bow model, but the smaller stern model and one other model he was commissioned to build for TSOD. I could have spent hours exploring the model, but my daughter was impatient to leave. Next time I'll go to Orlando alone! Or if I'm lucky, the TSOD will move to West Palm Beach and I can visit it any time I want to! (Hint! Hint! I know you folks at TSOD are browsing here!)

Kyrila ;-)

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hello, friends! I have exciting news for you! Franklin Mint will be
offering a new model of the RMS Titanic in their catalogs very soon,
hopefully in time for Christmas, 2003. I have been asked to bring my
Titanic Impact program to two local malls that have Franklin Mint
stores in conjunction with the model's premiere, so this is how I
know about it. Franklin Mint is well known for their stunning ship
models of the USS Yorktown and USS Arizona. I have been told that
the model will be around the same size as the USS Arizona, and the
cost will be $1,000.00. Believe me, when you see the model, you will
be amazed at the extraordinary details, and you'll know the model is
worth the cost. So start saving your pop bottle money!

Kyrila

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
The Minicraft kit (the one with the Ken Marschall painting) is the most accurate kit available to date. There are many Photo-Etch parts available to further enhance one's kit. Once I get back to working on mine, you will see photo-etch makes all the difference!

Minicraft kits USUALLY sell in store for about $60 - but I've had luck on eBay buying them for up to half that....

(sorry, Michael - I KNOW how much you *love* eBay - LOL!)

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Dan, when you finish yours, I hope you either post a few photos here or link to someplace where they are. I haven't been able to do anything with my kit because I can't find a way to cat-proof my room and time seems in short supply these days. I've been hearing some good things about the photo etched parts though. I'll be looking forward to seeing the end results.

Mark Ling

Apr 10, 2001
I am currently looking to develop a website selling high quality ship models. I can obtain all the old favourites such as Titanic, Olympic, Normandie, QE, QM, QE2, plus I can have individual ships built to order. I'm a big fan of E.T and also know that many of my fellow liner buffs would absolutely love these models.

The only problem is that it is a little bit early to determine my pricing yet as shipping is a very expensive element and can greatly effect the price. These are beautiful models, and the selling price may be around £799 + UK/Europe postage (this should include presentation show case). I am in the shipping industry myself and we have scale models built as replicas of our container ships. The quality and specifications are superb and I have asked them if liner models could be produced (dimensions 80 cm L x 30 cm height).

I have no literature; examples or details yet, but I hope to have full information in the next 2-3 weeks. Order time for each model would be up to 8 weeks (but probably 2-3 weeks if I import via air feight). If this is of interest to anyone let me know and I will be sure to send full details when I have them.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
Slightly off topic, I know, but I bought a pewter Titanic model from the Heritage Workshop in Hong Kong recently. Its about a foot long, comes on its own support base, and has all the rigging in place. Its a beautiful piece of work - and thoroughly recommended too!

Dec 24, 1997
Greetings All
Just found out this weekend that the beautiful cutaway models of the Titanic and Lusitania built by Father Roberto Perrone which were in the San Pedro Marine Museum were moved a couple of months ago to the Queen Mary Museum on board in Long Beach placed in "D" Deck museum on board. The model of the Normandie Father Perrone is building should also be there in a couple of month. Also Father Perrone I am told has been commissioned to build the same type of model of the Queen Mary itself for the on board museum. Just thought I would pass this along. Cheers Jon

Lee Gilliland

Feb 14, 2003
Michael, I wound up putting up a screen door on my studio. I can latch it when I'm not in, or when I'm working on something delicate - after the first few days, both cats gave up with the meowing and now nap just outside when I don't let them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.