Molly Brown Birthplace in Hannibal MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2005
The newspapers in Missouri are carrying a story this morning that the owners of the Molly Brown Birthplace home in Hannibal, MO want some organization to take over operation of the house by October, or they will shut down. The Hannibal Convention & Visitor's Bureau voted to take over operation of the house, pending approval of the Hannibal City Council. Here is the story from a St. Louis newspaper:

http://www.stltoday.com,snip

[Moderator's note: Edited link due to width requirements. JDT]

Robert H. Gibbons

Sep 26, 1999
I don't possibly see where they could have spent $80,000 on this property and I don't see how they could ever be "losing" money. Maybe the better wording for them is that they are "tired" of running this small wood framed house attraction.

May 3, 2005
Not exactly the same situation, but the Conspiracy Museum in Dallas, Texas has been replaced by Quizno's. However from a reading of most of the reviews it was probably an improvement. :)

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>but the Conspiracy Museum in Dallas, Texas has been replaced by Quizno's. However from a reading of most of the reviews it was probably an improvement. :)<<

Yikes! That place must have been something else if a Quizno's is an improvement!

May 3, 2005
Michael-

If you don't believe it,check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com :)
I stopped in there once and the comments are fairly accurate IMHO. Only problem is, Quizno's is closed on Saturdays and Sundays....maybe that's an improvement, too, since the former place was open on the weekends. Oh dear !I'm afraid I've gotten off subject again. :-(

-Robert

Jul 12, 2005
In 1971, I prepared two rooms of exhibits for the Molly Brown Birthplace in Hannibal, MO. Ed Kamuda and I made one room about the "reel" Molly Brown, with movie stills from "Titanic" and "A Night to Remember" and alot of material from the Debbie Reynolds musical that came out in 1964. I made photos for a second room of Titanic history from keel laying to sinking from TEA negatives. I printed them in the darkroom at the Graduate Institute of Technology in Little Rock. We also gave a hand drawn certificate of appreciation to Barbara Eden, who did "Molly Brown" at the Municipal Opera in St. Louis about this time. Robert H. Gibbons

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
quote:

Barbara Eden...did "Molly Brown" at the Municipal Opera in St. Louis about this time
I would have paid, and would still pay, good money to see that performance.​

Status
Not open for further replies.