Molly Brown's cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Hey Daniel!

Just got my copy of the ITHS magazine and, again, read your amazing article. Glad to be of help (tho', for the life of me, I don't remember doing anything). I know you worked long and hard on that one and it certainly shows - A compelling piece of work, O M.

Warmest regards, as always,
Cook

Dec 13, 1999
Muffet, I'm greatly looking forward to welcoming you to the British Titanic Society Convention. What a rogue's gallery of delegates I have lined up to meet you!

Kind regards

Geoff

May 8, 2001
Muffet. I wanted to say hello, welcome you, and say that you have a reputation of being such a nice person. I have heard some wonderful stories from a man out here in California named Mike Herbold. It will be an honor to meet you one of these days.
I just know you will have a most wonderful time at the British Titanic Society Convention. I have met a few members and they are an upscale bunch.
Daniel, I am sitting on pins and needles to see what everyone is so excited about, however, I want to extend my congratulations as well.
Colleen

Dec 7, 2000
All!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words, your encouragement and enthusiasm about my first article is trully appreciated! I've been researching Titanic for several years now, but this is my first contribution, and I thank you all for your support.

Muffet, although I've been speaking to you about this for the past year, it was a great treat to see you here and say a few words!
happy.gif

Best Regards,

Daniel.

PS. Before I posted this, there were "23" messages on this thread!
wink.gif

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Daniel:
A truly great job of pouring through existing historical material to learn something new. Ever since reading your article in the White Star Journal, I have been re-reading Gracie's book and other material. Your knowledge of first class passengers has always been second to none, and I hope this is the first of many articles from you. I understand part of your article ended up on the cutting room floor -- is there a chance that good old Senan will let you publish the original here on the ET board?

Dec 7, 2000
Mike,

A GREAT pleasure to have you here!

Although some of it did end up on the cutting room floor, basically all of the goodies were left intact in the ITHS version. I'm not sure what will happen. Although not an original version, but I might try a more extended version in the future. However, I'm not too sure about it.

All my best,

Daniel.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Daniel -

Was well chuffed to see a reference to your work on Margaret Brown's cabin turn up in Muffet Brown's thoroughly enjoyable talk at the BTS convention! It's wonderful how swiftly new research is being disseminated these days.

~ Ing

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Hey how can it be said that she had a cabin on e-deck? I've read where she says it was on b-deck and looked out over the bow.
Adam

Jul 20, 2000
Where did you read that Adam? Margaret's account as published in the Newport Herald refers to a crash at her window overhead. In my opinion that rules out B-deck and points to a lower deck on the starboard side. But the main evidence as Daniel highlighted in his excellent research paper is that Margaret saw stewards and an officer in the corridor forcing an auger through a hole in the floor. For 1st Class this only happended on E-deck. Several other passengers saw the same thing happening. The Crew were closing or at least trying to close the WTdoors located immediately below on F-deck. There can therefore be no doubt that Margaret was on E-deck and that she was the lady in E-23.

Lester

B

Beckey Payne

Just got around to reading the article re: Margaret Brown's cabin by Daniel A. Klistorner. Absolutely fascinating!!! Thank you Mr. Klistorner.

Beckey

Nancy Closson

Mar 10, 2006
does anybody know what cabin Margaret (Molly) Brown occupied? I know it says B-2, B-4, or B-6 ...Do you know of a deck plan where I can see exactly where her cabin was located on the ship?

Jul 20, 2000
Hello Nancy,

Margaret Brown was the lady in E-23. - See: MOLLY BROWN: MYSTERY UNRAVELLED by Daniel A. Klistorner [21st July 2002]; - on this web-site. - Also on this web-site under Resources you will find a plan of E-deck.

[Moderator's Note: This message and the one immediately above it have been moved from another thread. MAB]

A

Aaron Criag Wills

Witch cabin was Molly brown in?

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted to the "Passenger Research" subtopic about Mrs. Brown, has been moved to this thread addressing this more limited question. MAB]

Shawn Stoner

Feb 21, 2007
Hi my name is Shawn and I am new to encyclopedia Titanica. I just have a question that I can never seem to get an answer to. If anyone can help me that would be great. I would like to know where exactly was Molly Brown's cabin. I always hear that she occupied a forward cabin on B-Deck. B-02, B-04, or B-06. I even heard a rumour that she could have occupied cabin number E-23. I am pretty sure she wasn't on E-Deck, and also in James Cameron's Titanic her cabin was much too fancy to be an E-Deck cabin. Those are just my thoughts. I hope someone can give me the answer im looking for. Thank you

Jul 20, 2000
Hello Shawn,

Welcome to E-T.

Forget what Cameron showed in his film as it is only a film.

In fact Margaret was the lady in E-23.

On this web-site on the opening page under articles go to:
MOLLY BROWN: MYSTERY UNRAVELLED by Daniel A. Klistorner - 21st July 2002

I hope that helps,
Lester

Status
Not open for further replies.