Morten Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten Jensen

Mar 4, 2006
Hi all! I signed in two days ago, and I have been reading the forums for a long time. I had to join the fun!

I am Morten Jensen, 17 years from Norway. I go to college, and I am educating to a cabinet-maker, since I have always been interested in woodworking.

I don't know when and how my interest for Titanic started, but I have a drawing from I was around six or something, so it have been some years now! After I saw Titanic in 1997, I got more seriously interested in her history, design, sisters and so on... I read the most I come across, so ET is a blessing for all with interest in Titanic and her sisters!

I usually lurk around TRMA, and I have several models shown there, as Titanic 1/350, QM2 and Britannic wreck...

Right now I am researching Olympic at the hardest, since I am working on a model of her in the 30's.

Well, I better go back and showel some snow... Only 20 cm snow today!;) (Yes, we have over 1,5 meter in the garden!)

Best regards to all,
Morten Jensen

Morten Jensen

Mar 4, 2006
It is the Academy 1/600. Don't let the scale fool you! ;) I have to do a lot of scratch-building, and I am doing progress every day. You can see her on TRMA when she is finished, maybe some progress-photos in the forum as well if you are following that forum.

Best regards,

Zachary Lee

Apr 22, 2005
Hey, Morten! Welcome to the board! I'd like to see a picture also of your model. Best of luck with it! What's Norway like? Does it snow there a lot?

Morten Jensen

Mar 4, 2006
Hi Zachary! How Norway look like? Hm... What about wonderful? You should see our nature! This winter we had a snow-record! We have not had that much snow since 1963, but now it is melting away! All roads are clean! You see, this winter they had to close roads over the mountains, and the snow was far over one and a half meter high just in the gardens! Imagine the mountains! But that's the winter... Now the snow is soon gone, and the spring and summer come. In the summer, we often have temperatures up to 40 degrees celsius. You should see Norway if you haven't!
happy.gif
And May 11, the Queen Mary 2 will visit our beauteaful fjords! Can't wait to see her!

Take a look at TRMA, and I have posted some photos of my model in the forum... She is not finished yet, though...

Regards,

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Take a look at TRMA, and I have posted some photos of my model in the forum... She is not finished yet, though... <<

I did. It's an impressive piece of work with quite a bit of attention to detail. One of these days, I'll get around to building my own kit but first, I have to figure out how to keep my cats at bay!

Feb 21, 2005
Great to see you here Morten. I don't know if you remember me from TRMA, but I post there ever so often. I'm very familiar with your model works and have always been very impressed with your attention to detail. Glad you joined! This is truly THE best place to find the most info on Titanic, in my opinion at least. Enjoy, and once again, a BIG welcome!

Zachary Lee

Apr 22, 2005
Hey, Morten! Dang, that's a lot of snow! Here, in Las Vegas we got snow here but it didn't stay on the ground. I wish it would snow more here like it does in Norway. I'd love to see Norway someday, it sounds like a wonderful country! It sounds very cold, though. That's cool the Queen Mary 2 is visiting your city! Wow, that'd be a very cool ship to see! My apologies but what does TRMA stand for? I'd like to see pictures of your model.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello Morten,

quote:

Take a look at TRMA, and I have posted some photos of my model in the forum... She is not finished yet, though...

I did as well. As Mike said, it's impressive and very detailed. One of these days, I'll have to get around to building my own. All the best with the rest of it.

Hello Zachary,

TRMA stands for Titanic Research & Modeling Association.​

Zachary Lee

Apr 22, 2005
Hey, thanks for the info, Morten! Sorry if I caused any trouble. I went to the TRMA website and saw pictures of your models. I am amazed at all the detail you have put into them and how beautiful they are! Keep up the good work!

Morten Jensen

Mar 4, 2006
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Always great to get that nice comments of months of work!
happy.gif

I can't seem to remember you, Matthew, but I will look after you!

The Olympic is almost finished now...

fghfh.jpg

Best regards to all,

Status
Not open for further replies.