Movie gowns

C

Chloe

Is it at all possible to purchase one of the gowns worn in James Camerons Titanic? like the one worn by Madeline astor or the countess of rothes and if so where can you purchase one? Thanks. chloe

May 12, 2005
Most of the costumes as well as other props were sold not long after the hysteria over the movie started. But there may original buyers willing to sell - I have noticed from time to time Titanic movie costumes up for auction on eBay. They would be quite pricey though. Others are w/ 20th Century Fox I imagine. Still others were exhibited (& some donated) to the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in L.A. The "Sense and Sensibility" website of Jennie Chancey's has info/pics on the Titanic costumes & other links are provided too.

R

Rachelle Joseph

Chloe...
You might want to check out "Show and Tell" Titanic Re-Creations. Their website is
http:www.sensibility.com . They have marvelous
links for all kinds of Titanic gowns. Good Luck
Rachelle

T

Traci Miller

Chloe:

I found some patterns (if you're so inclined to sew) for Titanic gowns on e-bay. If you're interested, feel free to e-mail me at travisk7@go.com, and I'll get the information for you.

Good luck,
Traci