Movie on Wilhelm Gustloff

T

Timothy Trower

The Lancastria and the Gustloff -- both badly overloaded, and both bookend casualties to the war ...

Hope it comes out with English subtitles. My German is abysmal!

Jan 15, 2008
Saw the second part of the movie, This second part was mostly on the Gustloff. The first part wasn't on the Gustloff (again like night fiel uber Gotenhafen it was mostly a war movie).
In Die Gustloff about an Half hour of this 3 hour movie was about the sinking itself.
The sinking scenes were not bad, but not of the same quality of James Camerons Titanic.
To be honest, i just canceled my order of this dvd. Sorry!

Zachary Lee

Apr 22, 2005
You can get this movie on DVD? Where can you get it? Does it have English subtitles? Also another question, I'm a very conservative movie person and I'm wondering if there's any sex, nudity or graphic violence in this flick? Sorry, I'm very careful nowadays when choosing movies.

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
no sex or nudity I'm sure . Just plenty of carnage I'm sure so you should be safe. It doesn't have english subtitles either.

On the carnage note, I saw on the shorts that the schwimm bad scene was toned down. A direct hit in the area would have sent steel and glass flying everywhere.

Oct 18, 2010
i watched this movie yesterday and its a must see! yes its not the best film in the world but i found it a very intresting experience to watch!