Movies Tonight-Tomorrow?

Alex Kiehl

Aug 1, 2006
Anybody watching any Titanic movies tonight or tomorrow (Me!)? What's everyone doing to commemorate the 107th anniversary?

Reactions: Dawnf28

Dawnf28

Apr 15, 2019
Mississippi
I am watching Ghosts of the Abyss, and I watched several documentaries this weekend so far. I will probably watch the movie tomorrow if I don't get to it tonight. And the most exciting thing is that Dr. Robert Ballard will be in my area Tuesday and I cannot wait to meet him!! He will be presenting, "Finding the Titanic and Other Tales of the Sea" at the University of Mississippi.

Nov 14, 2005
I watched a couple of docu's last night...both were pretty good. I had no complaints with them. I've been to the Vegas exhibit twice when it was at the Rio before they moved it to the Luxor. You should like it. Let us know. I thought it was really good.

Nov 14, 2005
I am watching Ghosts of the Abyss, and I watched several documentaries this weekend so far. I will probably watch the movie tomorrow if I don't get to it tonight. And the most exciting thing is that Dr. Robert Ballard will be in my area Tuesday and I cannot wait to meet him!! He will be presenting, "Finding the Titanic and Other Tales of the Sea" at the University of Mississippi.
Welcome to ET. That should be an interesting presentation to go to. Hope you get to meet him.

Alex Kiehl

Aug 1, 2006
Holy cow! Lucky, lucky, lucky! Please tell him "hi" for me. Have fun, Dawn!

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Oddly enough I ended up watching for the first time that 1982 documentary "TItanic: A Question of Murder" on the anniversary.

The content on the Welin company and the anonymous letter about ship's lifeboats sent to "John Bull" magazine was interesting.

One major flaw in the documentary though is that although the lack of lifeboats is their main "point of attack" - they don't go into whether they'd have the time and the manpower to load and launch over thirty or forty lifeboats in the time available which they most probably would not.

It was interesting to hear the nephew of Thomas Andrew's speak and wonder if his sort of half Ulster/half English accent would have been how Andrews spoke.

At the end of his life, Frank Prentice still keenly felt the loss of his pal Cyril Ricks, Prentice's voice audibly breaks and he takes deep breathes as he describes what happened to Ricks. Very sad.

I thought the seance thing they had set up with the three ladies who had survived was a bit insensitive. Eva Hart certainly did not look too impressed !

Jul 8, 2017
I watched a couple of docu's last night...both were pretty good. I had no complaints with them. I've been to the Vegas exhibit twice when it was at the Rio before they moved it to the Luxor. You should like it. Let us know. I thought it was really good.
Loved it! I was in "Geek Heaven!" The experience was worthy of a post all its own...Hey, there's an idea :)

Reactions: Steven Christian
Jul 8, 2017
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm in Vegas all the time as I live an hour away. Been awhile since I've went. Maybe its time to go again. Is the big piece still there?
Yep! And it was spectacular! And looking at those rivets really, pardon the pun, drove home the fact that Titanic was essentially "built-by-hand." And to be there on the anniversary of the sinking made it extra special! Even the calendar matched! (Titanic sank on a Monday; this year's anniversary fell on a Monday as well.)

Nov 14, 2005
Yep! And it was spectacular! And looking at those rivets really, pardon the pun, drove home the fact that Titanic was essentially "built-by-hand." And to be there on the anniversary of the sinking made it extra special! Even the calendar matched! (Titanic sank on a Monday; this year's anniversary fell on a Monday as well.)
Nice. I wondering because when they first started those exhibits they were rotating artifacts around the different exhibitions.