Mr. Andrews' info

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
I don't think he had a middle name. Even in legal documents he is identified as Thomas Andrews (Junior).

L

Lynda Franklin

What was his personality like ? Likes in the terms of music and books ? Assuming Thomas Andrews had any time away from the shipyard

L

Lynda Franklin

I am out of here. Ask a simple question and get a rude response.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Walter---

What does your response mean? It's not at all clear.

Lynda---

Don't let one message put you off. There's plenty of information about Andrews here and if anyone knows the answer to your particular question, there will likely be more posted.

Feb 8, 2007
I've not heard what kind of music he liked, except that he liked it. Books - his favorite book, (according to the Shan Bullock biography) was "The Life of the Bee" by Maurice Maeterlinck. He was a devoted beekeeper, since childhood.

Get the Bullock book - it's great, if a trifle over-the top. He makes our Mr. Andrews look like a perfect human specimen. I'm sure the man had a flaw or two, but in general, he seemed to be a fair, honest, hard-working, much-loved gentleman.

I think you can read the book online. It's called "Thomas Andrews, Shipbuilder." Google it, it should be easy to find.

mueller

Apr 1, 2012
Today on facebook there was a fact on there that Thomas Andrews was the very first passenger from the southhampton port to board the Titanic on the day Titanic left on her maiden voyage . Is this true? If so , what time did he board? Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the name of the very last person ever to board the Titanic before she left Queenstown? Thanks for your time