Mrs Mamam J Renago

J

Joan David

Who was Mamam J.Renago?
Only I know she was a first class passenger and she was saved.
But I only know this,
Which was her age?
That cabin occupied?
Did she travel alone?
That is known of his her life?
Probably she ocupped the cabin of C Deck

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The name 'Renago, Mrs Maminam (or Mamam) J' appeared in a very early listing of survivors which was published in various newspapers very soon after the sinking. At that time, such listings were full of errors, often due to garbled reception of telegraphed information. Maybe this was an extreme mis-spelling, but no name comes to mind that's even close, except perhaps Marian for the first name.

Dec 6, 2000
Sometime ago I came to the conclusion that telegraphic Lists containing the name of Maman T Renago, did not contain the name Penasco.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
I think you hit the nail on the head, Lester. Especially if 'Penasco, Mrs Maria J' had at some stage been recorded by somebody with handwriting like mine! :)

Dec 6, 2000
Thank you Bob,

She was also on the Supplementary List of 1st Class survivors in US Senate Report 806.
In this case Mrs Penasco [and her maid] are both on the alphabetical Survivor List to which the attached is added.
attachment_icon.gif

Supplementary US Senate List

USSenate - 1st Class supplementaries.bmp
(17.5 k)

Lester

J

Joan David

Dear Lester, You might say to me where you have found this article porfavor, for if it had more?
Thanks you

Dec 6, 2000
Joan,

Below is a scan of the front cover of Senate Report 806. While the booklet can be viewed on-line at: http://www.titanicinquiry.org/ [American Inquiry - Final Report] the Passenger and Crew Lists are not as they appear in the booklet, which can be purchased from the Titanic Historical Society.

I hope that helps,
Lester
119254.jpg

J

Joan David

dear lester, I don't known who searching Mrs Mamam J.Renago, In that it pages did you find it of the senate?

Dec 6, 2000
Joan,

What I posted on the 21st came from Senate Report 806, but you need to accept that there was NO passenger on the Titanic called: Mamam T. Renago. That such a name appears in a Supplementary List published in Senate Report 806 does not make her a surviving passenger. - As the heading to that List states the name is amongst the cabled names of first-class passengers saved. - The name is an ERROR for a survivor, most likely Mrs Penasco.