Mrs Stephen Kowalski

Gavin Bell

Dec 12, 1999
I have an article about the survivors who were reunited at the premiere of 'A Night to Remember'. One of the ladies present was a Mrs. Stephen Kowalski. Who is this? I have never traced a survivor who was married to a Mr. Kowalski. If anybody out there has any information please help!

Thanks

Cameron

Apr 16, 2001
Dear Cameron,

Mrs. Kowalski was not on the Titanic. Her maiden name was Gillack. She is still alive and lives about a mile or so from my home.

Throughout her life, her mother often related how she and her children survived a shipwreck while emigrating to the United States. Mrs. Kowalski, who would have only been about 2 years old when the Titanic sank, has no memories of the event and believed she and her family survived the Titanic - given the time period.

Mrs. Kowalski is a kind and gentle woman, but now realizes that she was not a Titanic survivor.

Michael Findlay

Mike

Dec 30, 2010
Could the Gillack family have been survivors of the Volturno, which burned & sank in 1913? It was carrying a large number of immigrants from Eastern Europe, many of whom were rescued.

M

Mark Bray

Cameron, is there a way that you can email me and tell me more about the article you have,,,,,it interest me.......

Thanks Mark

Email me please at: MARK125689@aol.com