MrsHippach and daughter Jean Photo

J

Joni Marie Wilson

Greetings Fellow Titanic Lovers--This is my first post so I hope it will go over without a hitch. While doing some baseball research on a website I decided to put my other passion "Titanic" in the search engine and see if anything came up. I was pleased to find a photo of Mrs.Hippach and her daughter Jean after the disaster. I checked around and do not see this photo on her biography on anywhere here on the website-- and I thought some of you that love passenger research as I do might be interested in taking a look at it. ---If this is a photo that everyone has seen already I apologize ahead of time for being redundant.
happy.gif
I am going to try and include the link here but if it does not come up I will be glad to give the photo address and number to anyone in email. P.S. I would like to say "Thank You "to Michael Standart for his advice and help regarding adding photos to this site-
happy.gif
Joni

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Joni, just go to the site and the photo. Then select the address of the site in your browser and copy it. Then write a new posting and paste the address into it. That's the way to make sure you get the URL accurate.

I'm guessing that the photo is the one in Everett Marshall's book from 1912. Jean was a very attractive young woman.

J

Joni Marie Wilson

Hey Dave---Thanks for the instructions.
happy.gif
If this link does not go to the exact photo the photo number is 102000. It is a nice photo of both Jean and her mom. You are right--Jean was quite pretty and looks very happy in this photo.
If anyone enjoys seeing it --it will be worth learning how to put in a link correctly. ;) Thanks, Joni
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query

J

Joni Marie Wilson

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/cdnquery.htmlired"
Ok gang--giving it one more shot. Here is the link for the site with the photo. In the search engine put in Titanic and the photo of Mrs.Hippach and her daughter will come up.I apologize for being computer impaired. Apparently I need to order one of those instruction CD's off the TV. LOL
happy.gif
Appreciate everyone's patience.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Joni, I don't think you are at all dim. I'm no expert either, but I think that when you find a photo after searching a site, a simple link to it won't work.

Those who want to see this good picture should go to http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/cdnquery.html and search for Hippach.

I've never seen this photo before, so thanks for finding it. It's not the one in Marshall Everett's book either.

Jean Hippach left quite a good account of the sinking and it starts on page 156 of Marshall Everett's Story of the Wreck of the Titanic.

J

Joni Marie Wilson

Glad you liked the photo Dave!! --Now that I know it is indeed a rare photo I hope others will take the chance to look at it. Thanks for helping make that possible. I have not read Marshall Everett's book--but intend to get it now. I will be very interested in reading Jean's account of the sinking. Thanks for recommending it. Hope to "meet up" with you on the boards again in the future.
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
If anyone's having trouble reading the wording on the pic, bear in mind that the image has been posted the wrong way round and needs to be 'flipped'. We then have 'Mrs L A Hippach' on the left and 'Miss Jean Isabella(?) Hippach' on the right.

Feb 7, 2005
Darren,

Click on "Rights and Reproductions" at the top of the page that has the thumbnail photo--it tells you how to obtain copies of prints.

Denise

Mar 15, 2001
Thanks Denise. I have always been interested in the Hippachs. I have always thought that Jean bore a resemblance to Angela Cartright who played Penny in Lost In Space and was also one of the Von Trapp family members in the Sound Of Music. Its a shame that Jeans two living daughters won't discuss the Titanic with anyone. I wish I had known years ago that Jeans son had lived in NC, he was more willing to talk about his family and share his mothers story of being a passenger aboard the Titanic.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Ida and Jean Hippach are portrayed every year at the Anniversary Tour at Titanic the Experience in Orlando by mother and daughter Denise and Crystal Vanaria. This year they wore beautifully preserved gowns from the Edwardian era. Denise wore a lovely white gown made in 1911 and Crystal wore a fabulous Worth gown in sage green and cream colors, gorgeously beaded and trimmed in lace. If they will permit me, I will try to post photos when I get back to Kentucky. Right now I'm using a public computer at an office near my daughter's apartment.

Kyrila

Mar 15, 2001
Hi Kyrila, looking forward to seeing your photo's. I wonder if Jeans daughter in Florida was ever invited to this tour? She probably said no.