Mummy

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
As long as Brendan Fraser steps in to save the day, I don't mind a dessicated corpse going on the rampage.

Will pop one block over to the British Museum to see if Mike can be found in the Egyptian Gallery, embalmed in aromatic oils and spices.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Geoff, up in the Egyptian Gallery, embalms his Texas mate in 11 secret herbs and spices...

~ Ing

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Great! One assignment from Phil and now one from youse guys. I've gone from the Galley to the Gallery. First, Cook is a cook, now he's cooked! From Cordon Bleu to Corpse Delecti, there's just no advancement around this place!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Brendan Fraser! Be still, my heart! Hey Inger, I have several pictures of him from PREMIERE Magazine (the first issue to promote Cameron's TITANIC film) dressed in less than he wore in GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE.

Where's my smelling salts?

>>swooning<<
Kyrila

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Lol! I'll take John Hanna of 'The Mummy', 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' and some gritty Scottish detective series, Kyrila...nature has equipped me to fall more for the Sydney Carton types than the Indiana Jones/Alan Quartermaines.

One scene in the 'Mummy Returns' was shot right outside my window here in Bedford Square - after they come piling out of the Brit Museum and go careering about the London streets with the rather nimble (for dry flesh and bones) mummies crawling over the double decker bus. At least that's my excuse for watching the flick.

Phil? Do I rap myself over the knuckles for being so waywardly off-topic?

Nov 22, 2000
Kyrila - Erm no! He's actually closer to the dessicated corpse.
Inger, I think you are getting a bit excited now dear! Time for a lie down in a darkened room with a nice cup of tea and a Bath Oliver biscuit!
Don't bring Hind in on this one - he's the closest thing to a corpse I've seen yet!

Geoff

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Geoff, up in the Egyptian Gallery, embalms his Texas mate in 11 secret herbs and spices...<<

Huh???? What are you trying to cook here Inger? Kentucky Fried Mummy???

CRASH!!!!! (Tut-Tut kicks in my door.)

Awwwww....Crikey! Not that pest again! Where are my cats when I really need them?

Cordially,
Mic.............

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Kyrila!

>That depends. . . does Behe resemble Adonis?

I was briefly considered for the leading role in the film "The Love God," but the director said that my three-legged pants just didn't match his image of the film's stalwart hero. :)

All my best,

George

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Ta for that cold bucket of water there, Geoff - I'll work on not being transported in rapturous contemplation of either KFC (Kentucky Fried Cook) or poetry spouting actors who revive W H Auden (Stop all the clocks...)

~ Ing

Nov 22, 2000
Mr Behe tells us that he was considered for the leading role in "The Love God" - what he fails to mention is that he was also offered the lead role in "Lassie Come Home"! - The Love God my ****, is that Pat Behe I can hear screaming with laughter?
You'll be telling us next that Cook was offered the lead in "An American Gigilo"!!

Geoff

S

Sophia Gayle

I know this is an old thread, but I recently came across a site that suggests that there may be a grain of truth in the mummy story. Looks like a reputable Discovery Channel site. Any opinions?

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
This comment
quote:

"But this haunted mummy - or rather coffin lid - was supposed to have been saved –
from the article should be a red flag right there, as not so much as a matchstick worth of cargo made it off the ship, much less a coffin board or any other Egyptian artifact. Like a lot of sites, what the Discovery Channel is perpetuating is a myth and it's not the first time they've done it either.

You might want to check out that Snopes.com link I provided in my 24 October, 2001 - 4:57 pm post. It deals with the actual provenance of this story.

Bottom line: It's bunk.​

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Did somebody say reputable and Discovery Channel in the same sentence?
The reality of show business, Sophie, is that these cable channels are not interested in promoting accurate historical information. They're interested in selling Fords and Chevys and Listerine and Pantene. You simply cannot take them seriously - they are for entertainment purposes only. Even James Cameron had to bow to the Studio to sacrifice accuracy for drama to sell DVDs and Videos.

Kyrila

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Did somebody say reputable and Discovery Channel in the same sentence?<<

That one caught my eye too. To illuminate on that, a couple of weeks ago, the Discovery channel presented a show where what was supposed to be the remains of Christopher Columbus were subjected to DNA testing. The problem with this, as shown in 3604,1280441,00.html, This Article is that the actual location of his genuine remains is unknown and couldn't possibly have been the bone fragments that were exhumed in the show.

The "documentary" neglected to mention that.
wink.gif