Mummy

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hello Kevin, everybody likes a good ghost story but to reiterate a point made quite often, there was no mummy on the Titanic. The museum had no problem "retreiving" the mummy because it never went anywhere to begin with.

For more, go to this URL; http://www.snopes2.com/horrors/ghosts/mummy.htm

This is from the Snopes Urban Legends website where the story itself is spelled out with the refutation following right below. Enjoy!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

May 9, 2001
My Mummy cursed me one time.
(But that's because I stole one of her favorite rings to give to my girlfriend who I intended to marry as soon as we finished 6th grade.)

Yuri

May 8, 2001
BUT The "Enquirer" had an article, and made sense of the whole issue. The mummy was really a time traveling space alien disguised as Elvis... that briefly dated Big Foot... but was whisked away by a black helicopter flown by Bat Boy and is reportedly in a secret government lab run by Jimmy Hoffa.... WAIT... what's that noise outsi....

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
As long as Brendan Fraser steps in to save the day, I don't mind a dessicated corpse going on the rampage.

Will pop one block over to the British Museum to see if Mike can be found in the Egyptian Gallery, embalmed in aromatic oils and spices.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Geoff, up in the Egyptian Gallery, embalms his Texas mate in 11 secret herbs and spices...

~ Ing

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Great! One assignment from Phil and now one from youse guys. I've gone from the Galley to the Gallery. First, Cook is a cook, now he's cooked! From Cordon Bleu to Corpse Delecti, there's just no advancement around this place!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Brendan Fraser! Be still, my heart! Hey Inger, I have several pictures of him from PREMIERE Magazine (the first issue to promote Cameron's TITANIC film) dressed in less than he wore in GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE.

Where's my smelling salts?

>>swooning<<
Kyrila

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Lol! I'll take John Hanna of 'The Mummy', 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' and some gritty Scottish detective series, Kyrila...nature has equipped me to fall more for the Sydney Carton types than the Indiana Jones/Alan Quartermaines.

One scene in the 'Mummy Returns' was shot right outside my window here in Bedford Square - after they come piling out of the Brit Museum and go careering about the London streets with the rather nimble (for dry flesh and bones) mummies crawling over the double decker bus. At least that's my excuse for watching the flick.

Phil? Do I rap myself over the knuckles for being so waywardly off-topic?

Nov 22, 2000
Kyrila - Erm no! He's actually closer to the dessicated corpse.
Inger, I think you are getting a bit excited now dear! Time for a lie down in a darkened room with a nice cup of tea and a Bath Oliver biscuit!
Don't bring Hind in on this one - he's the closest thing to a corpse I've seen yet!

Geoff

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Geoff, up in the Egyptian Gallery, embalms his Texas mate in 11 secret herbs and spices...<<

Huh???? What are you trying to cook here Inger? Kentucky Fried Mummy???

CRASH!!!!! (Tut-Tut kicks in my door.)

Awwwww....Crikey! Not that pest again! Where are my cats when I really need them?

Cordially,
Mic.............